Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Maya ruins of Palenque Day 11 Tuesday January 27

We took a two hour bus ride to the majestic Classic time period Maya ruins of Palenque, one of the most famous ruins in Mexico.  We passed through an area that had 40% of the wild animals in Mexico.  This is reminiscent of the statement in Ether where it states that the "land southward was preserved for a wilderness to get game (Ether 10:21).









 The tops of this structure was living 
quarters for the rich and famous.

The blanket at the front of this picture has souvenirs for sale.  There were several people there with tarps, blankets, sheets of stuff for sale.  I tell you, it was overwhelming!

I don't know what happened to me but I missed on of the main attractions: There was a panel of Glyphs at the Temple of the Cross which shows the lineage of the 7th century AD king named Chan Ballam, which dates back to a Jaredite king named Kish, who was born on March 8, 993 BC.

We went to lunch at a near by restaurant that was owned and operated by a man and his wife.  They were so concerned that we were pleased with their food.  The owner touched my heart, I wanted to give him a copy of the Book of Mormon.  My friend Mike Ludwig acted as my translator...it was at times like that (among others) that I missed Glenn, he was always my translator.

0 comments: