Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day 12 Wednesday - Catemaco

We stopped at the Villahermosa Temple, these LDS Temples are such amazing landmarks.  One thing about everything the LDS Church owns, is they are so clean!  The grounds are so beautiful, and the bathrooms are up to day and wonderful!


 This is the Temple President.  We stopped to greet him.  When he and I shook hands, I greeted him in Spanish, "Mucho Gusto" and he greeted me in English, "Pleased to meet you".  Then we both had a good laugh! :)
 This is an out door museum featuring artifacts from the Olmec (Jaredite) culture.  The Mayans (Nephites) were a smaller and finer boned people.  They have big heads.
 The monkey pit.
  Big heads, my friend Colete Armsworthy from Canada.
Happy Nesha, trying to sit on his lap. 
Kathy Jaderholme and Connie Earl in the back ground.
This engraved stone tells a story, but I don't know 
what it is. 
 Map of the area.
 One big head!

 One big leaf!
 A religious statue.
 Lots of these things have been brought
in from many other area of the country
so that they can be seen and enjoyed.
 A good place for a lecture from our leader
Blake Allen. 


 More lectures, I just wish I could remember
even a particle of what he said.
This is vintage Olmec (Jaradite).
 Black Jaguar, an official animal. 
 Mary Merril making friends with this little varment.









 An Olmec!
 The bus hooked onto this wire and we all wanted off!

 Bicycle taxi (I thought they were only in Japan).
 The guy who owns this shop is a Mormon!
We didn't  get to see the local LDS church, we
heard that it was around the corner.
 This was a long day!  I just barley caught the setting sun.
We met a young girl at LaVenta who
was working hard to go to college.
We gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon
and exchanged information.
I will have to see if I can get a copy of the
picture we took together.

0 comments: