Mom is over her pneumonia but is still very week and I don't know if she is going to get strong again. It makes me sad. Since she is 92, I decided to write 92 gifts she has given me. These are not all inclusive, because I don't think I could ever think of every thing. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful valiant mother! Here is my list
1. Life
2. A strong healthy body
3. A wonderful father
4. Loving my father
5. Nurturing
6. A sense of humor
7. Ability to laugh at my mistakes
8. Ability to make up little rimes
9. Optimism
10. Testimony that Jesus is the Christ
11. Love
12. Faith
13. Hope
14. Charity
15. A happy home
16. 6 siblings
17. A strong sense of right and wrong
18. Character
19. Pride in accomplishment
20. Love of flowers
21. Love of cooking, especially baking
22. Love of life, especially to enjoy what you are doing
23. Compassion
24. Loyalty
25. Peace
26. Ability to crochet
27. Time
28. Friendship
29. Patience
30. Nursing when I was sick
31. Nursing skills for my own family
32. Poise
33. Confidence
34. Swimming Lessons
35. Ice skates
36. A walking doll with a blue dress
37. Ability to work hard
38. Mothering skills
39. Ability to clean up a big mess
40. Example of righteousness
41. Letters while I was in college
42. Letters while I was on my mission
43. Meeting me at the end of my mission
44. Recipes
45. Ability to make bread
46. My college education
47. Piano lessons
48. “Give to the world the best you have”
49. My sewing machine
50. Courage to stand up for what is right
51. Her personal story
52. A happy childhood
53. Teaching on modesty
54. Teaching on chastity
55. Teaching on thrift
56. Teaching me to choose a good father for my children
57. My grandmother’s table cloth
58. Support when Clark was born
59. Support in all my trials
60. Teaching me when I had my babies
61. Listening to the cute things my kids did
62. Listening to the dumb and scary things my kids did and loving them anyway
63. Love of the scriptures
64. Prayers for me and my family
65. Compliments on my hair and cloths
66. A feeling that I am special
67. Compliments on Glenn
68. Support for my decisions
69. Compliments on my accomplishments
70. Money
71. Towels
72. Smiles
73. Thank you’s
74. The Jewel-T fruit salad bowl
75. Spunk (not as much as she has)
76. Ability to come up with a quip
77. Knowledge of how thin the veil is
78. A spanking (not many)
79. A glare when I needed it
80. A lecture
81. Permission to kiss a date
82. A home where friends felt welcome
83. A home where we could have a party
84. Pin wheel cookies
85. Snow balls
86. The best omelet in the world
87. Her example of service
88. Her example of love
89. Fun in the potato cellar cutting spuds
90. Candy bars & life savors while picking spuds
91. How to play Clue to win
92. THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE HER
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
5 comments:
That's quite the list. She truly is an amazing grandmother, mother, wife, sister, and mother. I love her to pieces!
Oh wow. This is great. I love that she taught you how to play Clue to win and to clean up a big mess. What funny things to remember and thank her for. I loved reading this list.
That is a fabulous post, Mom!! She is an amazing person. We love her. I didn't know that she was the one to teach to you play Clue to win. That may be the only thing Grandma has ever done to disappoint me or make me sad! It's obnoxious!!
What a nice list Kathy. I really should sit down and write the things my mom has done and taught me. I'm very grateful to her...and for you too. YOU taught me how to make bread!!
I just love thanksgiving!
You never gave ME permission to kiss a date! :) I guess I had to have dates to get permission, I know.
WOW. That was very touching mom. Grandma pretty dang awesome isn't she. She has indeed given you all those things, and you have passed many of them on to me and the rest your, dare I say fabulous, children.
I loved reading that. I'm all faClempt!! (spell checker had no suggestions for me on that one.. IMAGINE)
Post a Comment