Bags out by 7:00, Bus departed at 8:30
We began with a visit to the archaeological zone of Chiapa de Corzo, a candidate for he City to Sidom (see Alma 15:1-8).
Shards of pottery everywhere!
I climbed up this one with the help of Collin Earl!
Then we did the most exciting thing, we took a boat ride the the majestic Sumidero Canyon on the Grijalva River. Some of the canyon wall were 3000 ft high and the river was 300 feet deep. The Grijalva River has been proposed as the River Sidon in the Book of Mormon.
White Pelicans were everywhere!
Julie! What a kick!
It was impossible to capture the height of these walls!
A mossy formation from drizzling water, they
call it the "Christmas Tree".
When we got of the boat, we went shopping. I really wish I had pictures of these little shops. I bought some purses that I will give to my grand daughters. I also bought a blouse that I love!
I knew the days were going to start flying, I also knew that it was all getting to be a big blur. I am glad I am making these posts so that I can remember and get some of the details in my head!
1 comments:
So glad you could go on that great trip! We enjoyed ours immensely and one of our grandsons was on a mission in Mexico and his Mission Pres let him meet us at the museum in Mexico City. A great little plus! L&V
Post a Comment