Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book of Mormon Tour Day One Guatemala City Barcelo Hotel

Since we came a day early and had traveled all day yesterday, we took it easy today.  Yesterday we went to the airport with Kathy Jaderholm from Moses Lake, she took a different flight, but we met up with her in Mexico City.  Nesha and I slept until 11:00 AM, had room service for breakfast, and went down to the pool and spa!  We have a lovely balcony and a great view of the city and a beautiful volcano.

We met up with Doug and Connie Earl; met Ken and Ruthie Skousen from Mesa, Arizona; saw Justin Earl; and met Rob and Mary Merrill from East Wenatchee,  We also met with Blake and Marion Allen the tour guides.

We all walked down to a Pizza Hut for dinner.  That is when I was introduced to the fact that I would have to watch every step I took so that I didn't trip on uneven pavement or unexpected holes.  All of our spirits were high as we looked forward to the wonderful tour ahead of us!

These photos are from our Bracelo Hotel  balcony.


 From Jeremy's "Find My Friend"
 It was fun to Erik's friend Justin Earl and sad
to hear the story of his little daughter Marion who
has terminal cancer.  What a brave sweet little girl
she is.  

0 comments: