I can't believe that I decided to take this Book of Mormon Tour but I am so glad I did. This is something Glenn and I wanted to do, but he was either working or sick. We wanted to go when Doug Earl was going and he said this was his last time, so I really wanted to go. My friend Nesha Roylance also wanted to go and her husband didn't, so we decided to be traveling companions! What a great idea!
I get great anxiety about leaving my family for so long. I was pretty worked up and anxious. I made sure my will was in order and every detail that I could think of was in order.
Then I re read the scripture:
DandC 59:21 And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments.I completely changed my outlook and started to be thankful for the opportunity to go on this tour, for the means to be able to go, for the traveling companion that I have and for the wonderful people I get to go with! It made all the difference in the world, and I haven't had a moment's anxiety since! I have been at peace and could feel the spirit of the Lord every day.
Our first day, we flew from Seattle to Denver to Mexico City to Guatemala City. We had several adventures, like having to retrieve my carry on from the baggage claim in Denver and go back through security, to having to get our luggage from baggage claim in Mexico City, go through customs (in and out) and not being met by our hotel bus in Guatemala City.
0 comments:
Post a Comment