We left our hotel at 9:00 and traveled on though the "wilderness and the valley of Alma". On the way to Quetzaltenango the second largest city in Guatemala! We saw some very interesting things.
When we left lake Atitlan we traveled to the other end of the lake and saw so many waterfalls. Keeping the lake fresh!
The view back over the lake was spectacular.
I kept trying to capture the fields and
the farmers on the fields.
The most most most disturbing thing to me was
how there is garbage all along the side of the road for
miles and miles, so sad for such a beautiful country!
One was a crossing place where people come
together from all four directions.
Could possibly be the place where Alma the
younger met up with the 4 Sons of Mosiah after their
17 year mission.
These are what they call "chicken" busses. You
have seen them on movies. They are school busses
that come from America. When we are through
with them, they take them and keep them going for years.
Cool, huh.
A typical Guatemalan waiting for that bus.
The local "laundry mat and bath house".
The woman here is bathing her young boy,
the man in the back ground is his father, one
of the few fathers I saw who was involved in
the care of a child. They are drying the clothes
on the ground there.
A close up of the clothes washing process!
It is hard to tell, but this woman is
washing her hair.
White bars of soap used for scrubbing the clothes.
More washing.
Out comes the little boy, how cute is that?
He was not a very happy camper, but wait for
what happens next!
Obviously, I decided to give her some privacy,
she literally stripped and washed herself while
the dad dried the little boy
Nesha and Mike Evans and two cute little girls!
Our luxury tour bus.
Pizza Hut and wires!
"We Deliver!" Nesha wants to start
a delivery service like this here in Moses Lake!
Silly girl
Blond Connie gets stopped all the time
to get her picture taken, she wanted us
to get in the picture.
One special place, the Quetzaltenango Temple.
A few out to the "Narrow Neck of Wilderness",
a very narrow pass from the South to the North.
Kathy Jaderholm, Me and Nesha at the doors of the temple.
In the far back at the triangle of this
picture are the bar covered windows
where our room was. I loved this hotel
Pension Bonifaz. It was built in pre war
1939. You could tell that for the time
it was a very up scale luxury place.
We hurried so fast to go to a session in the new temple.
Pizza for lunch, McDonalds for dinner, could life be
any more nutritious?
Her stuff.
My stuff!
Our room was huge!
With the cutest barred french doors and little deck.
I took tons of pics of this hotel because it was my
favorite. It didn't have any elevators, and we were on
the fifth floor. But the stair cases were all spread out,
I would loved to have seen a floor plan of the place.
I loved this atrium. I could go there and stay a month.
This woman decided that I was going to buy this hand
sewn "thing". I kept saying no! She kept saying,
"this is business" and
"this is business" and
lowering the price. I don't remember how much I
paid for it, I certainly didn't, (don't) need it. But I
have it at the foot of my bed for now. This lady was
a member of our church, I figure at the least, it was
as donation.
This is what I really wanted, a hand made flute!
It had Danielle's name on it!
Quetzaltenango's city square.
Police, no guns.
Restocking the ATM rifles to the ready
The McDonalds where we ate the night before.
Goats on the street.
Headed to the "Narrow neck of Land".
That was a fun stop, I could have stayed
longer...I loved that hotel and temple
that is about all I saw while I was there.





















0 comments:
Post a Comment