Sunday, February 15, 2015

Book of Mormon Tour, Day 9

I had to take this picture just to remember that I was there
at church.  I was so surprised to see the difference 
between church here in Mexico and in Guatemala.  The
saints in Guatemala were all over us and the ones
in Mexico were friendly but they waited for
us to introduce ourselves first.  They were a fully 
functioning ward, it was so great to see!


 Here we are at the Tuxtla Tutierrez temple.  These
are some my favorite people! Julie Ludburg, 
Dave Evans, Nesha and Sandi.
 I am a sucker for Hibiscus.
 Entrance to the temple. I put my purse
down and left it.  Julie picked it up and 
carried it around for me, until I found the
I didn't have it.  Funny girl, Doug told her
that she had just experienced a 
"Kathy moment".
 A random group just visiting and hanging
around the temple ground.
 Poinsettias were every where on the Temple Grounds.
 My best shot of the Temple.
 Nesha and I at the temple.
 Our tour leader and his wife,
Blake and Marion Allen.  Great people!
 Rob and Mary Merril from East Wenatchee.
Waiting for their mission call.
 Rick and Rita Beard, here celebrating their 
50th Wedding anniversary from Stansbury Park, Ut.
He is a worker in the SLC temple.
 Dave and Sandi Evans, my favorites!
From Highland, UT.  We became
such good friends because Dave kept bumping
into me, literally.  They are the ones who were my
protectors on the street in Antiqua.
 Mike and Julie Ludwig from Draper, Utah. Julie my
other good friend! We are now Facebook friends, I am so glad
we are still in touch.  Mike is such a great missionary.
He helped us give out two copies of the Book of Mormon,
he was our interpreter.  They are such missionaries.  They
are one of three couples from out group who are serving missions. 
 Colete and Walt Armsworthy from Okotoks, Canada.
I just loved this couple, he treated her a lot like Glenn treated
me, he was so kind and yet get her space to visit and do her thing.
She took tons of pictures, I am hoping to get to see some,
someday.  He was just released as a bishop, she teaches seminary.
 Kathy Jaderholm decided at the last minute to come, 
and she loved every minute of it!
She is from Moses Lake.
 Michael and Allie Earl, Doug's youngest son.  Michael was
so sweet to me, helping me up and down so many sets of stairs,
Allie is pregnant, but did so well!  They are from Moses Lake.
 Ryan and Nena Earl, from Moses Lake, but living in 
Boise!  Ryan is Tom's son.  They were so sweet to us,
helping every chance they got, the make me feel
so special!!!
 Dr. Dave and Peggy Earl.  David is Doug's brother, they 
joined us about two weeks in, they have been here before.
They came to see things that they haven't seen before.
It was fun to have them join us! They are from Moses Lake.
 Ken and Ruthie Skousen from Mesa, AZ.  They are also 
serving a mission (their 3rd or 4th as a couple).  Ruthie 
was just so much fun, so sparkly, I want to be like
her when I grow up!
 Eugene Curtis from Mesa, AZ  He came without 
his wife and missed her very much.  She bought a 
new dog while he was away and he left early!
 Bishop and Connie Ricks from Brigham City, UT.
They have been here before and really knew
what to look for!  I am glad we got to know them.
 Chad and Stephanie Walters.  My heroes!  They were 
there at my most tender moments ready and waiting
to give me love and support when I needed it most.
I don't know when I have met relative strangers who
were more sensitive and caring.  Chad kind of grew up
in Moses Lake, now they live in Spokane.
 Doug and Connie Earl, the reason I had the courage to
go on this tour.  They have helped organize a tour group
7 times and taken all of their children.  Doug says this
is his last time, (we will see). Doug is so 
knowledgeable and Connie is so kind and supportive.
I LOVE these guys, they have been our friends since
we moved to Moses Lake 39 years ago.  Doug and 
Glenn were intense BYU Cougar fans. Doug and Connie
live in Gilbert, AZ, he has been a mission president,
the president of the Spain MTC, and they were perpetual education
missionaries.  Good people and good friends to thousands.
 A look at the out door lounges from up on the deck.
 Another view of the out door lounge.
 Every one went to the zoo but me, I needed to rest.
But I didn't get any rest, I found out that my nephew 
Bing Drew passed away.  I am heart sick, I was sad
not to be able to go to his funeral, but I am glad
that my Utah children were able to be there for his family.

After everyone came home, we had dinner and then
went to the town center and where they played music
and people danced.  Also there were people there in our face 
trying to sell us stuff!  That 
got a little tiring.  But we did go out
and do a little dancing.  Walt and Colete danced
Just like Glenn and I used to dance.  I loved
watching them, while I missed Glenn so much.
Not  good picture, these guys were literally
in our face.
 These people keep their babies out so late!
 It was really fun!  I didn't get very good pictures, but 
it was so fun and such perfect weather.


0 comments: