Sunday, August 24, 2014

Glenn Perrins Family Sayings:

Today my SS lesson was on Proverbs, which are wise sayings.  I texted my kids and asked them if they could think of any of our family sayings.  Keep in mind that one of our family's sayings is, "you ask a simple question and you get a pageant.  This is a transcript of the texts they sent:

I know this is late, but I am working on my lesson.  
I am trying to think of some of our family sayings 
that aren’t scripture, can you think of any?  Text me if you can.

Take the one you want and place it. (E)
The things you think about tend to multiply. (S)
The way you eat an elephant is one bite at a time. (E)
It began with a kiss. (S)
This is good, keep them coming...(M)
This too shall pass. (H)
Fall on your knees. (H)
Fake and drive. (H)
A candle doesn’t lose any light when lighting another candle. (S)
They multiply by****never mind don’t use that one.(H)
Do you have anything besides Mexican food? (K)
I’m liking this, keep them coming. (M)
These mashed potatoes are so creamy. (H)
The white people are melting (M)
A^2+B^2 = C^2 (K)
Huston, we have a problem (K)
You take the banana peel to this spot, then you pick it up and take it to the garbage.(K)
Thunder, thunder, thunder cats. (S)
These are good mom, Actually, this is pretty fun :-) on the way to church now. (H)
Just finishing nursing and headed to primary...did you leave Danielle out on 
purpose? (K)
I knew she was in Sacrament Meeting...wish I had included her, don’t know how to do it now. I didn’t know it would go on like this.  Maybe I will send again. (MOM)
Be happy. (J)
Misery is not mandatory. (D)
Say it the way you want it. (D)
Pick the one you want and place it. (D)
That which you think about most tends to multiply. (D)
Hit the ball and drag George. (K)
What’s up Doc? (S)
Like to bust my knuckles, better that than the old pocket book, eh chief? (D)
This too shall pass. (D)
If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve alway got. (D)
That was fast, did you think that was fast, that was fast. (S)
Better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick. (K)
What am I gonna do with a solid concrete island? (K)
It’s a good thing I never carry more than 24 dollars of junk jewelry. (K)
Nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there. (D)
It’s like living with a 6 year old. (D)
That’s exactly what I was  trying to think of Kim!!! (H) 
Watch it! You’re leaving yourself wide open for another phone call. (H)
But not much. (S)
What are those last ones from? (D)
Stan Freiburg (H)
Oh yes. (D)
This is good stuff, keep it coming. (M)
Is your lesson over yet? (S)
No, I have 1 hour before sacrament meeting.  But this stuff is good for our family archives. So keep them coming kids. (M)
Let me give you the 10 peso version. (D)
Let me explain, no let me sum up. (D)
It’s possible pig. (D)
Can I have your watch when you are dead? (D)
It came with a frame. (D)
Okay, I don’t want to be the only one playing, I could do this all day, 
someone stop me. (D)
Council dad gave me was...make a decision and move forward.  Don’t look back. (H)
Just start, the rest is easy. (D)
A new one, you Perrins’d it. (S)
I know a guy, you know a guy? (S)
Who was that masked man? (D)
You have a dream? Would you like to talk about it? (S)
It pales into insignificance. (D)
DON’T SHOOT! (J)
If you build it they will come. (D)
It starts with a kiss. (D)
That’s...unbelievable. (D)
No, But it is consistent. (M)
I have no response to that. (J)
Oh, this is real, this is real. (D)
You mean like write an essay? (D)
People! People! People! (D)
Hey you People.! (M)
I ist got it already. (M)
The man lives on my street, I’ll tell. (K)
Bertha Built Well. (K)
Wag-halter. (K)
I would equally be willing for a dentist to be drilling, than to ever let a woman in my life! (K)
Bigendium, a big bosomed Indian woman. (D)
Am I on candid camera? (S)
Cooties! (K)
Dad is great, he gives us chocolate cake! (S)
Hey, unto you a child is born. (K)
Shazam. (S)
I know you can get the job, but can you do the job? (S)
I’m not arguing that with you! (K)
But in the end it was fast. (M)
When it comes, it comes. (S)
I am sorry, but did anyone else ever hear Dad say “Useless as ****on a boar.  So inappropriate, but he said that all the time!(D)
Nice, mom is in Sacrament meeting. (D)
Yup. (S)
Indeed. (K)
Uh, back to the task at hand. (D)
Play it again Sam. (D)
I bet you’re ready for another Summerhays update.(K)
Put it on the Underhill bill. (D)
He did say it all the time. (H)
I don’t know what the protocol is. (S)
It depends on the protocol. (M)
You guys are trying to make me cry. (H)
There’s no crying in baseball. (D)
Well played Nanel. (S)
Yes, I thought so. (D)
H: “My leg hurts”, Dad: "Well your face is killing me!" (H)
Tatanka (K)
Put that in your book. (K)
Put that out there in the cosmos. (D)
Raise it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. (K)
They are called wise sayings. (K)
Your on a role Kim. (D)
Talk up a storm with those wooden teeth, can't shut em off, but when it come time to sign the old parchmentarooni try and find him. (K)
It’s a sweater! (D)
I cannot believe how much Stan Freiburg influenced our dialog. (K)
And uh!! Dorthy Gish, true story. (K)
You can’t clean a dirty surface with a dirty rag. (K)
Stan Freiburg and Chevy Chase. :) (D)
Lip balm? (K)
Great, you shot the invisible swordsman. (K)
I’ll send you a bill. (K)
Just leave your money at the door. (M)
Infamous.  That’s even MORE than famous. (D)
Thank you, I’m here all week. (K)
The plot thickens. (J)
This is a rilly big dill. (M)
Great shot strait arrow. (M)
Great Scott! (K)
I’m proud of my humility. (M)
What can we say, we are proud. (M)
Safe. (K)
Close the door. Your letting all the cold air out and all the flies in. (S)
Hey, every people! (M)
Heyeyuya, Abigail's’ Hallelujah! (M)
Time flies when you are having fun. (M)
All face down? (M)
Does a bear poop in the woods? Does a Zebra have strips, is the Pope a Catholic”? (M)
You ask a simple question and you get a pageant! (M)

THE ONES THAT FOLLOW ARE FROM MONDAY: AUG 25
Some spectator. (S)
Come around idiot, come around. (S)
Would somebody please get me some toilet paper!!?? (J)
That sips. (K)
We are “well pleased”. (M)
Does your stomach think your throat’s cut? (K)
When were you knee high to a grasshopper?(J)
Make it stop! (E)
HaHa!! I was wondering would China Man! That’s hilarious. (H)
Are your arms painted on? (H)
There’s no need for racial slurs. (E)
Mustn’t be piggy. (K)
LO!!!!!!!! I meant Chime in. (H)
It’s a good thing Clark is not on this thread. (H)
Now George, don’t start. (K)
Have you tried the pline cike? (H)
2 Weeks. (J)

Why am I not surprised? (M)
That was a fun trip down memory lane, I had no idea we had so many.  I am sure there are still some out there.  I am so lucky to have such a fun family!





1 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Hilarious!!! A memory got triggered the other day after hearing the song but one you and my mom always say is " That's my story and I'm stickin to it".