Today is the seven month mark since Glenn passed away. I still can't believe his is gone and that I really do have to carry on, but carry on I must and carry on I have. I went through my pictures and found quite a few that document my journey of "moving forward". Some of them will be repeats, but they are part of the journey.
The first big thing was to celebrate the ONE week mark....now it is the SEVENTH month mark, time really does go fast. I miss him every day, can't help it!
It was so hard to "move on" with out him.
Each one of these next sentences should end...
(WITHOUT GLENN).
The first major thing I did was go to Spanish Fork
for Olivia's blessing.
Then we celebrated Glenn's 69th birthday as a
family--all in different locations.
I cleaned out his closet.
We celebrated the two month mark.
Clark and I drove to Utah for Thanksgiving, I don't
have any group photos of that day.
We played games at Seth's,
Made cupcakes at Heather's,
Went to Alaina's concert,
Enjoyed the little girls,
Went swimming at the Provo Recreation Center,
Went to a movie...and many more things!!!!!!
My first "moving on" purchase a new dinning room
set, while we were in Utah.
Glenn and I had talked about changing tables,
when I saw this one I knew it was the right one, it was
hard to buy it without Glenn, but somehow, I felt
like he approved.
We celebrated Chases' 10th birthday while we were there!
I came home from Utah and went to
Baylee's Christmas concert.
We celebrated Christmas! (WITHOUT GLENN)
I taught my Sunday School Class biweekly!
I went to institute winter term.
Went to Viking games, I thought I would
never go to another game, but Clark wants
to go, so there you have it!
I have tried to keep track of Clark!
I sold our beloved Chrysler! :-(.
I cleaned out some of Glenn's old tax files,
I organized "his" desk--to "my" desk!
I have taken many trips to the cemetery.
I celebrated Valentines Day (WITHOUT GLENN).
Among other thoughtful
gifts and calls, Scotty and Christian Welty
brought me strawberries dipped in chocolate!
We took more trips to the cemetery.
I have enjoyed babysitting; that was something
that grandpa loved to do and he was so sad to
leave them! All of them!
I have enjoyed beautiful sunsets.
I have shopped for shoes, bought shoes,
taken shoes back, and shopped for shoes...
I jump started my pick up!
Seth and Amberly, Heather, Jack and Anna came and
helped me do a ton of work!
We went to the cemetery.
Clark and I went tandem with them down to Idaho and
Utah. We saw the Angel Moroni put up on the
Provo Town Center Temple. (Without Glenn)
I celebrated my __th Birthday!
I celebrated Easter at the Bates.
I "dejunked" all the closets, cupboards,
dressers, shelves, etc. This is about 1/4
amount of what I took out of here!
I took care of Clark's wounded hand after
he had a biking accident!
Glenn's niece came for a visit with her
newly returned missionary.
Clark and I went to Okanogan to visit Glenn's
sister's family for the missionary home coming.
I helped host Angela Quinn's bridal shower.
The Young Women in our ward came and
posted notes and notes on Clark's door and
brought him some cookies! Now that is love!
I have been to lunch several different times
with several different friends. I am so
thankful for all of the friends that we have!
I bought some cute colorful spoons to
match my colorful stools and I took the spoons
back...returning has become a habit.
I took a trip to Spokane with some friends.
I bought two new bedspreads.
I have worked and worked in the yard. I have had
some different groups come and help: The Laurel class,
the Blazer Scouts, The Bishop's family, Shane Kincaid,
John Edwards and his dad, and my home teacher,
Marvin Price. I am thankful for all the people who have
volunteered to come and help me, so thankful!
Glenn's niece, Lanith came for a visit and
told me about her juicer, so I bought one
and I love it, it is so much easier to use
than the one I had!
I planted flowers in my pot and bought a new stand
for a flower basket.
I also painted my front door and helped Kimberly
do some painting in her house!
Last Sunday we went to the cemetery again, Kincaids
and Kimberly's family came. I took a bouquet of
Snowballs from our yard.
It was fun to share that time with friends
and family.
One of the hardest things I have done to date, is
to get a new temple recommend! This is the
first time in years and years that my temple
recommend has not had Glenn's signature.
I have attended the temple several time, gone
to an Opera, and spent hours on the phone
with our kids! I have taken up crosswords
puzzles, I have done family history, I keep house,
play the piano daily,
and I have enjoyed going to movies and watching
movies at home...all of the above (WITH OUT GLENN).
Thank heavens it has been a busy 7 months.
I know that if I don't keep busy I will
be miserable. But everyday...everyday I
am aware that he is not here, and I miss him!






















6 comments:
What a talant you have. Your blog is lovely. You know how it should be done. I could take lessons from you.
And I don't believe you have done all this without Glen. He had been there with you. You can feel his presence, sometimes the weight of his arm around your shoulder, or his hand in your hair. You just can' t see him.
What a beautiful post Kathy. I love that you continue to make life beautiful and purposeful even when your heart has a hole in it.
I think Glenn is proud of you! You can not understand how devasting the separation of an eternal companion till you go through it. It hurts but we know it is just temporary. Love you Kathy....YOU are AMAZING!!!!
It seems to me that It's been a journey of love and acceptance of Heavenly Father's will and I feel in my heart that Glenn has been there with you all the way. We love you, L&V
You are amazing!! I've never seen someone 'keep on' like you. Good job.
Thank you for your post, Kathy. I read it again and realized I hadn't told you how much I admire you, your rock-solid testimony and your strength--difficult to summon at times, I'm sure.
Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment