Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"My first Christmas in Heaven"

 Sunday night I went to a Christmas program.  The music was so beautiful and uplifting, I was thinking of Glenn and how much he would have loved that beautiful music.  Then I had the thought that, yes he did enjoy the music--but this earthly music was not even close to the beautiful heavenly music he has heard.  I have thought a lot about what Glenn is doing on the other side of the veil and I know that he is busy doing a lot of things, just like he was here on earth.  So I am pretty sure he now has the joy of singing in a heavenly choir.  My daughter's mother in law sent this to me and I think it is really sweet:


My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below.
With tiny lights like heavens stars, 
reflecting in the snow.
The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away that tear.
For I am spending Christmas 
with Jesus Christ this year.
The sounds of music can’t compare 
with the Christmas Choir up here.
I have no words to tell you, 
the joy their voices bring.
For it is beyond description
to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, 
I see the pain in your heart.
I am really not so far away,
We really aren’t far apart.

So be happy for me dear ones,
you know I hold you dear.
Be glad I’m spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.
I send you each a special gift,
More precious than pure gold.
I send you each a memory
 of my undying love.
After all “LOVE” is the gift
more precious than pure gold.
It was the most important 
in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other, 
as my Father said to do.
I can’t count the blessings or love,
He has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas, and 
wipe away the tear.
Remember--
I’m Spending Christmas with Jesus 

Christ this Year!

1 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

This is a very comforting thought indeed.

I think of you often.