Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Glenn, a big "first"!

We decided to do something to celebrate Glenn's birthday together.  Erik and Kristi got mint dilly bars and balloons to send up with those of us in Washington: 

We weren't organized enough to take our pictures before the lift off.  Then when we went outside it was so cold, we couldn't pose for a picture.  But it was such a good feeling to sing and let the balloons go.
So we took our pictures inside as Curtis and Kimberly were getting ready to go to a youth activity in the TriCities.  Clark and I were there along with Glenn's brother and sister in law Sam and Dianne.

The rest of the family's: Jeremy and Birgitta, Danielle and Jeff, Seth and Jill and Heather and Kirk's all gathered at Jeremy's, they were more organized than those of us in Utah and Kansas.  We will perfect this as the years pass.
This "first" birthday, was busy...Kimberly and I spent a big part of the day taking a walk and running errands.  Then Sam and Dianne came and we went out to eat at the China Buffet!  It was later in the day when we gathered at Kimberly's for the Birthday Celebration.  All in all we had a good day!  We miss Glenn very much, but we lived such a full life when he was here, and he has made it possible for us to live a full life now that he is gone.  Thank you Glenn and Happy Birthday in your heavenly home!

A great gift that we got today was a packet of notes from seminary classes that our friend was teaching. They were such wonderful notes of tribute to Glenn and condolences to our family.  I so enjoyed reading them!  Thanks to every one who cares and who has shown their love to us at Glenn's passing.

3 comments:

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Sounds like a great celebration. Glad you had a wonderful, safe trip to Utah! Love you, L&V

Unknown said...

This is Peggy - I wonder what his real party is like on the other side? I bet the food's good!! or else it wouldn't be heaven. Just sayin... Happy Birthday Glenn!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love this phrase, "We miss Glenn very much, but we lived such a full life when he was here, and he has made it possible for us to live a full life now that he is gone."

I love and appreciate you.