We believe in sharing what we believe to be true. We have many friends who are not of our faith and we feel that they are our true friends. Through the years we have shared our beliefs with our friends, Glenn was especially good at that. Sometimes the idea of sharing what we believe is uncomfortable, we don't want to offend, we don't want to appear self righteous, we don't want to lose our friendship.
I have realized a very special thing this past couple of days. Glenn has many friends who are not of our faith, many friends who have shared this journey with us. Many friends who check this blog and who have prayed for us and expressed their love and faith through these past four years. We are grateful for all the faith and prayers offered in our behave, we have felt it.
What I realize now, is that sharing our faith with our friends does not offend or alienate, it is a way of being true friends. It is a way of showing our friends that we love them and that we trust them with something that is precious to us. Sharing allows our friends to share what they believe also, it gives us an opportunity to respect each other's beliefs.
I am thankful for my dear husband and for his deep faith in Jesus Christ, for his faith in the "plan of salvation", for his willingness to share his faith with his friends. I am thankful for the friends that we have and for all of their combined faith. We felt all of the prayers that were offered for us. We believe that Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us and that His plan for Glenn was to call him home. Glenn always said, "the Lord is in charge", he believed it and he was willing to accept the Lord's will because of the strong faith he had in Him.
I am thankful for all of the cards, visits, phone calls and personal condolences that have been extended to me. I will miss Glenn everyday of my life and I am sad that he is gone, but I know that I will be with him again. I am thankful for the temple covenants that we have made the seal us together forever, and that seal our family to us for eternity.
I am thankful that I can share my faith in Jesus Christ and in His plan with my friends who read this blog. Thanks for being my friends.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
1 comments:
Thank you for being my friend Kathy. I love this post. I love hearing of what you know to be true.
Post a Comment