Last week was an amazing week.
In our ongoing effort to "simplify" our yard, we
planted conifers where a flower bed used to be.
Here are some pictures of our old flower
bed from different angles in different seasons:
I really loved that flower bed, but it represented
a lot of time and back breaking work to keep up!
Here is the new simplified version of
the same flower bed with slow growing
and easy care conifers. These pictures
were take from similar angles as the ones
above. I think it is just a pleasing
to the eye to look at and it is a lot
more simple to care for.
We added a convenient little drip
to each plant and voila!
the work load is cut into a
fraction of the former flower bed.
We have been working at simplifying
for about two years. Taking out those
flowers was very drastic, but now
that it is done, I have the courage
to attack other flower beds!






2 comments:
It looks great! Good for you!
They're beautiful both ways Kathy. You have such a knack for garden beauty.
Post a Comment