Monday: Glenn went to the Dr. for his three week visit. His CEA marker was higher than it has ever been and we are thinking that the present Chemo isn't working and next time we will have to make a switch. That evening we went to a friends home for a BBQ and great visiting.
Tuesday: Glenn played 9 holes of golf and felt really good because when they give the chemo they also give nausea and pain meds.
Wednesday: Glenn slept a lot! In the evening he went to the Church to do recommend interviews.
Thursday: We woke up to a beautiful day and Glenn said, "golf anyone"? Then he rested most of the day except he mowed the front lawn. He went to bed early tonight in pain. He is experiencing more pain than we can remember...wish the Dr. had switched chemo Monday instead of waiting 3 more weeks.
I just have to remember that this first week is miserable. I really hate it when he doesn't feel well, because he is such a bouncy tigger most of the time.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
2 comments:
I'm so very sorry to hear of the latest on Glenn. I wish it all could stabilize for him and would not have this "up and down" routine. It has to be hard on you both emotionally. It is remarkable that he can still do the hard things when he feels the pain continually. He is determined to keep on doing. My prayers and my thoughts and love to you both.
Tigger is a great description! I, too, hope he feels better soon. I'm proud of both of you for making the very most of every day.
Post a Comment