My friend asked an interesting question on her blog, "which grandparent's feet to yours take after"? One Jensen family reunion a couple of years ago, I waded across a creek with two of my girl cousins. We were looking at our feet and they were all very similar, long and narrow. We assumed that they took after our grandfather Jensen's because we knew they were not our grandmother's. We went to our cousin's house and told her mother, who was a Jensen that we thought we must have Grandpa Jensen's feet. She said, "oh no you don't, he had short stubby feet and toes"! She told me that I had my mother's Kirby feet, my other cousin had her dad's Knight feet, and her daughter had her dad's Babcock feet. We all thought that was so funny because our feet we so similar, yet they came from the other side of the family which were not our common ancestor's.
The part of the story that has me chuckling to this day is that we talked my cousin's dad into taking his shoes and socks off to show us his feet! You probably had to be there to see the humor in this. I have known him all my life, even before he married my aunt, and he is one of the shyest most circumspect men I had ever met. We could hardly believe that he would do such a thing, just proving to us that he was not the "stick in the mud" we thought he was. He did it with the cutest grin...voila! Yes, none of us had Jensen feet, even if they were all long and skinny! Feet are a fun thing, when you think about it. I am thankful for me feet!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
2 comments:
I still love that story and have seen the not so shy aspect of our uncle and really enjoy his personality.
Oh and my feet definitely take after our grandmother's.
Post a Comment