Glenn had an appointment with his oncologist today and his cancer markers are still going down! AND she reported that the CT scan shows that the cancer mass is breaking up...getting less dense!!!!! We are so glad that it is going in the right direction.
Over the weekend, Glenn had a touch of the flu, but is up and running today. He has been sanding the frames of some window we bought at "Bargain Town" for our shed. Has tons of energy, helped me with the yard and the pool this morning before he started on his "man" project! He's still going strong.
Over the weekend, Glenn had a touch of the flu, but is up and running today. He has been sanding the frames of some window we bought at "Bargain Town" for our shed. Has tons of energy, helped me with the yard and the pool this morning before he started on his "man" project! He's still going strong.
Add to that, he has been able to enjoy the company of three of his granddaughters today.
Saturday we drove to Boise to meet Jeremy to pick up his two girls, so that they can spend some time up here, not just as our guests, Kimberly is the primary hostess, giving Baylee a dose of cousins and (competition). Baylee is loving it!
The trip to Boise had some highlights and some not so highlights. When we took off Glenn realized that he really didn't feel well, so he slept while I drove. Luckily my brother called and told me that our cousins were having a picnic near the place we were meeting Jeremy! I could not believe my luck...I am hoping to get pictures from them. My infamous "Aunt Bonnie" was there as well as her husband Leo, who is my dad's 91 year old younger brother. Also my dad's sister who declined to share her age (as if I couldn't look it up) was there. I was able to see some cousins that I haven't seen for a long time! I was a fun surprise for all of us!
The worst part of the trip was returning home with no air conditioning...we had the van in the shop last week and they said they fixed it...just a fuse. Wrong. It was a marvelous opportunity to practice my "dealing with adversity skills". I have to say our two granddaughters took it like champs!
So the good news is...Glenn's cancer is diminishing, our shed is progressing and we get to have two extra granddaughters for two weeks at which time the rest of our family will join them for a family reunion!
9 comments:
so glad to hear the good news! keep it up! Cynthia
Thrilled beyond words. Terrific news about Glenn. He is such an example of patience, faith and no matter what keeps on keeping on. Truly he is remarkable in every way. Tell him that Ned and I are so happy for both of you. This is a journey you are both sharing and you are taking this "trip" with courage, hope, trust and always abiding by our Father's will. Thank you for sharing this good news. Love, Deanna
That is Great news!!! Thanks so much for posting and keeping us updated. Love you!!!
That is good news indeed! I'm so glad they're going in the right direction. His energy amazes me.
I can just imagine how fun it would be to have Kathy Perrins crash the party. I can hear your great laugh from here.
Yeah!! Great news!!! Have fun with your family too!!
Yes for Glenn! That thrills me! :) I'm so glad Alaina and Celeste are getting this time to spend with you guys. Thanks again!
I talked to Dad on the phone today and he told me the good news.. I hope it will be over soon! I'm always so relieved to get more good news.
Glad you are having fun with your two little additions! Wish we were there! Will be soon!!
Great news! So happy to hear.
Always so fun to see you--- the Earl reception!
With love, L&V
Yeah! So glad the markers are going down and pray they continue in that direction. What a busy, wonderful summer you are having! Love and hugs!
Post a Comment