Glenn has wanted a shed...I think it is a man thing. We have a friend who is helping Glenn build his shed. We were up early and he worked so hard. He is very tired and very sore. They started the shed on Saturday and it is all framed and the siding is on. They have the windows, the electricity, the shelves and some shingles left and voila it is done. It is 10x14 and I think I want to paint it barn red! (Now that sounds like me.) We love it, we are thinking of moving in...at least for the family reunion which will be at our place the last week of July.
Last Monday his oncologist took him off his chemo because his side effects were severe (sore hands and feet). That meant that the chemical was toxic in his system and the liver could not process it properly. Next Monday the 11th, he has an appointment after a CT scan and blood test. We will see exactly (there is no such thing as exactly) where he is and they will go from there. Meanwhile, we are working to get the house and yard ready for the family to come! Oh, did I mention that we are both feeling our age with all of this work?
One thing that Glenn has loved doing this summer is playing golf! What is going on in your life this summer?
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
7 comments:
Thank you for blogging Kathy. It is nice to hear how things are going for you and Glenn. I am sure you are going to have the best family reunion...lots of memories will be had for each family member. Love your garden shed...sounds wonderful. I admire the teamwork that you and Glenn have...a love story that will never have an ending. How blessed you both are to have one another. Your friend always...Deanna
I always get so anxious to hear how you are both doing. It sounds like your lives are full...as it should be. I frequently think how you love your children so much...then they start to date, drive and make you nuts...so you can let go and feel good about it. I think our bodies are kind of like that. They start to hurt, wear out and eventually we are ready for the pain to go away. I pray that you both of many many years of good health; because watching the two of you is so good for my "heart"! Love ya!!!
No picture of this shed??? We love you and can't wait to visit. We have faith and hope Glenn will get through this too. :)
Hoping that the tests will come out great! Sounds like a lot of work with a fun result! If your reunion is like ours, it will be chaotic, cramped for sleeping, lots of work, but lots of fun! Our 3rd grandson left on a mission (arrived in Brazil safe and sound) and our oldest granddaughter married in the Rexburg Temple. We're on our way to a British Isles Cruise on the 15th. We're hoping to find the places many of our ancestors immigrated from. A little nervous about the flight, but I'm sure it will be fine. Love to all your family, L&V
I think it is a guy thing - (the shed). Toby loves his shed - more power to them right? :) I hope you two are having a wonderful summer! It sounds like you are! We hope that Glenn continues to do well! He is a wonderful example!
How fun that everyone will be there the end of July. Dang I was going to come to my moms the end of July but had to cancel this year. How fun to have your family come home!! Always good times
I do want to mention...I had a tough shed in Moses Lake and the first thing I bought was another one in Utah! Kimball didn't see the need. It is soooo organized and I love it!!! We even but a DVD Player in it, mattress pad and heating blanket and slept out there the first night. Now that was Kimball's idea. LOVE MY SHED!!!
Post a Comment