I went with some friends to the Seattle Art Museum to see the Picasso Exhibit. The trip was a lot of fun! The display was on the fourth floor and it was packed!!!!!! That man was a prolific artist! He was a very interesting man. There were hundreds of his paintings and sculptures all displayed beautifully. He was a modern cubist artist, and used many bold colors. I found it very stimulating to be there and to actually see the canvases that he painted. He has such a great variety in his work. We were able to watch a two videos that were made in France and Italy where he was filmed doing a sculpture and painting a picture. I was so amazed at his painting. He was painting on a glass, he was behind it and we were in front of it, so that you could see through the glass and watch him paint. He only used one size of brush and only white paint. He would draw a curvy line and then another and another and voila, soon you saw the shape of a woman, then an animal and another woman with what looked like wings. He is so talented. I must say that he is not my favorite artist, but I am so glad that I went. I would love to belong to the Seattle Art Museum and go there more often, there was much more there than I could take in.
Funny thing, we were in IKEA and there was a picture frame with 5 of his line drawings. I wish I had bought it.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
1 comments:
SOOOO funny that you posted that picture! I hear that you and the guard became 'aquainted':)
Post a Comment