Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Years Resolutions Already a Bust!





In my last post I realized that I had done a poor job of photo documenting some really important events, so this year my resolution is to be more conscientious about photoing important events. Today was a really important event for me. I will digress.

In May of 2009 after hearing about BYU Idaho's "Pathway" program, Glenn and I each decided to get a Master's degree so that we can be adjunct professors to be able to help in any way possible. We were planning on starting in January 2010, but we were side tracked by Glenn's cancer treatment.

We had done most of the work for our applications before Glenn was diagnosed, so this past August when we decided to get ready for September classes, we didn't have that much left to do. My Application process was a lot more involved than his, one of the thing I needed to do to be fully matriculated (accepted) was to take the MAT. I started classes in September and I have already finished 6 credits. I am enrolled at Gonzaga in the Organizational Leadership Online Master's Program and Glenn is enrolled in American Public University Online History Program. Gonzaga's classes are 8 weeks so I completed two classes before Christmas, APU's classes are 16 weeks so Glenn has completed 1 class. He will have to double up some time, but last semester was not the time. Anyway, I decided to study for and take my test during this winter break.

Hooray!!!!! I took my test today and got the required score. I can't tell you the weight that has been lifted off my shoulders! But alas, I took my camera and forgot to find a picturesque place to get my picture taken. As I was lamenting the lost opportunity (we would have gone back, but the weather was so nasty) Glenn told me to take a picture right then. So there you have it, event documented. We were in Spokane, I took the test and passed it, and it was snowing! I took this off their website.

8 comments:

Birgitta said...

Congratulations on passing the MAT! I'm so proud of the two of you!

Unknown said...

Congrats on passing the MAT! Also congrats on already completing some classes. Yes, we really do need to visit. . . . .We're so proud of you! We missed you in class today, but realize the important things you were doing.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kathy. You're amazing! L & V

Deanna/Mimi said...

Way to go Kathy! You are focused..even after all you and Glenn have been through. Very remarkable. I am most proud of you and Glenn. Good example to all of us...especially me.

Deanna/Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy Dee said...

So proud of you Kathy! Very inspiring!! Loved your recap of your year. What an amazing family. You are blessed... and you deserve it!

Brenda Goodrich said...

CONGRATULATIONS times 100 billion!!!!!!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

WOW!!! I love learning and never want to stop. The genealogy courses and computer training are so much fun down here. It always makes me feel closer to Paul when I do temple work and family history. They are my passion. Congrats for setting the bar!!! :)