This picture was taken my senior year in college in 1967. Some people wear the same hair style they had in High School or College. I don't think I could have ever done that. I have a hard time wearing the same style I wore ten years ago--or even yesterday. Actually I loved this hair style in the late 1960's but I would look ridiculous wearing now, isn't that funny?

This hair style was accomplished by wearing a "wiglet". The hair dresser would style it in big curls and bobby pin it in place. We would put it on a Styrofoam head when we went to bed. We would shampoo our own hair put it in rollers and let it dry, style it, and then we would bobby pin the hair piece on our head. Keep in mind that we didn't have blow dryers or curling irons. (Or we would just go to the hairdresser once a week and have her do our hair). I think it is so funny! Add to that, in the early 70's we wore false eyelashes! You've got to be kidding me. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't live it. "We've come a long way baby!"
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
8 comments:
LOVE IT! I was wondering what made your hair so big! Awesome Look! And you are a beauty!
This is a classic.
Everyone did the false eyelash thing? Ugh.
That is SO awesome. I would die if my hair was that big. But you were and of course still are so beautiful mom!
Amen, amen, Heather. Kathy, you have hardly changed.
No wonder you caught Glenn's eye! Now we need to see a picture of Glenn his senior year.
Thanks for the CD, I love it.
Steve
Hi Kathy, We try to keep up with your blog to see what you are up to. It is always a blast!!!! I go to bed chuckling about it. This one is a classic!!!!!
Sandy from Palau
I love it! And I bet you could still pull it off. Girls these days don't understand what it was like trying to have good hair without all the modern technological advantages not to mention the hundred zillion hair products that are out there. In my day, I wore my hair like Marcia Brady - parted in the middle and straight! How's that for exciting? Luckily I had straight hair because there were no straighteners. Curly hair was the kiss of death back then. I'm exaggerating but I'm pretty sure that's how the girls with curly hair felt. Curly hair was mostly frizz back then without the aid of the hair products we have now. We've come a long way with the beauty tools we have at our disposal. Girls these days look better on a regular school day than I looked at my wedding! Thank you for posting this picture. It made my whole day!
amberly
cool hair grandma! I love the way it looks.
Post a Comment