Sunday, October 17, 2010

Speechless

I seem to have run out of things to say...
well, that are blog worthy that is.

The cat got my tongue.

It isn't that I am not busy,
because I am,
I just don't think you want to read about it.

It isn't that I have quit talking,
because I haven't,
I can't imagine that you want to hear all that prattle.

It isn't that I haven't had a profound thought or two,
because I have,
It is just that you might not think that they are as
profound as I do.

It isn't that we haven't been to see our kids,
we have,
but that is way too much to post about,
so I haven't.

It isn't because I haven't tried any new recipes lately,
because I have,
but I post those on My Girls Kitchen.

It isn't that I haven't had any good ideas,
I have,
but you have good ideas of your own, right?

It isn't because I haven't read any good books lately,
because I have!

Oooooh, that must be it!

It is because I have:

read so many good book lately,

tried out my good ideas,

tried new recipes,

visited the kids,

thought profound thoughts,

talked and talked,

oh yes, and been busy.

See what I mean about blog worthy and profound?



9 comments:

Kristi said...

Clever lady! I love this post! I miss your blogging.

Heather said...

Mind blowing!

Deanna/Mimi said...

You put me to shame!! I have missed your blog messages very much Kathy. Mundane is not in my vocabulary...everything you say is worthwhile, uplifting, informative, encouraging and faith-promoting. In other words, I would like to hear from you more often. I need you..others need you. Hugs, Deanna

Kimberly said...

Yes Mom, that was as good as you thought. Very clever!

Cynthia said...

do you know how many times we check to see what you have to say? Call me about the books and recipes,i love talking to you!

Birgitta said...

Fun Post Kathy! Keep em coming!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great post Kathy! Spread your wisdom.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post dear Kathy. Hope you are enjoying your time with the precious little ones. Thanks for your help with the Open House. We had close to 100 here, so lots of love shown. Love you! Tamara

Unknown said...

kathy-
I was wondering if i could have your carrot cake recipe? My email is carrie.perrins@gmail.com
I remember you making it once and it looked beautiful.