Friday, September 10, 2010

Rural America is Awesome!

Rural America is awesome. One time we were driving through Carey, Idaho on icy roads. On one of the sharp corners, out in the country, our car spun off the road and landed in a snow bank. Glenn didn't know what we were going to do. I said, just wait a minute and a farmer will come out with his tractor and pull us out. Sure enough, we saw that tractor coming down the lane and he cheerfully pulled us out. He said that kind of thing happened a lot, as I well know from my childhood in Lost River.

7 comments:

Deanna/Mimi said...

Your post brought back many memories of our experiences here on the farm and elsewhere. Good people abound in a rural area..they are hard-working, caring and will drop everything to help out those in need. As Ned has told me many times that when he is out on the tractor, the combines, etc., going up and down the fields...it gives a person a chance to reflect on nature, life and God. I think that is why the farmer is so willing to be of help...he lives close to God each day.

Birgitta said...

cute story! :)

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Me too!!! Being a farmers daughter and then a farmer's wife are 2 of my choicest blessings!!! I loved watching my Dad care and love anyone who need love and support. I loved watching Paul prepare "tractor sermons" and then share them with me later. I loved all the people who came up to me and told me stories like yours that I had never heard about Paul. You have been a farmer too...Kathy!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Brought back memories of living on a ranch in Idaho MANY years ago. I don't know how many times my dad pulled cars out of ditches late at night--often boyfriends--greatly embarrassed-- going back to town after bringing my sisters or me home. Love your posts, so glad that life has moved on in a happy way! Loye

Tamara said...

Thanks for sharing Kathy. It was so cute to see Clark yesterday with the babies. What a wonderful uncle he is. He invited us to his BD party at Chico's. What day and time?

Anonymous said...

ha, I am going to test my thought, your post bring me some good ideas, it's truly awesome, thanks.

- Norman

Heather said...

That is a hilarious story.

I didn't know the story of the tablecloth.. it makes me sad.. I'm so sorry that happened. We are sentimental aren't we?