Monday, April 12, 2010

Mortar and pestels


A few weeks ago I made a post about the new equipment we had for Glenn's new life style. I showed a picture of a coffee grinder that I could use to grind up pills that were too big for Glenn to swallow. A dear friend; who is a nurse, whose husband is a pharmacist, about died when she saw that grinder. She appeared a few days later with this lovely gift. I love it, I love it, I love it. It does and amazing job of making powder out of pills, best of all, it is "Self Propelled". Meaning Glenn can grind his own pills!!!!!

Glenn's brother who died of pancreatic cancer in 2009, was a pharmacist. These of just a few of the many mortar and pastels he collected. Seriously, I did not know they even made them for modern times! I thought that pharmacists just collected them.

Thank you, for a wonderful, clean, efficient gift! It travels nicely, too!

(Now I can use my grinder to grind up flax seeds.)

3 comments:

Deanna/Mimi said...

To me it is so amazing how thoughtful people are and how they rally around those who are in need of support, love, comfort, help and prayers. You are receiving the bounteous blessings of having such thoughtful and caring people in your lives.

Tamara said...

Thanks to a loving, care friend who saw a need and filled it. What a great idea. . . . .Thanks for sharing. It seems that today you are off to Kansas--have a WONDERFUL TIME getting acquainted with another precious grand baby and loving all those family members more and more. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Glenn and Kathy,

We would like to help with specific prayer requests. Are we still praying for your immune system to regenerate? or has the plan changed from the last time we spoke? It is POWER UP time and we miss you terribly! =(

The Granco Loan Girls