This is Glenn''s last week of chemo! Even though Glenn isn't looking forward to this week, he is looking forward to this week being over! His blood work is mostly good, his neutrophils are low (germ fighting cells). If they are not better by next week, he will have to have an antibiotic shot so we can take our trip to Rexburg. But that is OK. His WBC (white blood count) is also low, but within range. The Doctors and Nurses at the clinic are just in awe at how well he is doing.
He is doing remarkably well with his eating since the surgery. All of that will take a while before it reaches a rhythm of it's own. But as a not so casual observer, I think he is doing excellent. He maintains his energetic positive self. I have to say I am very proud of how positive and uncomplaining he is.
He has a CT Scan, next Monday and an upper GI near the end of May. I am trying not to hold my breath that long, or I won't be here to make a post!
He will have checkups on a regular basis for the rest of his life!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
6 comments:
It was sure great to talk to Glen today. He sounded great. What a man! His optimism is contagious. I am looking forward to seeing you next week!
Yay! Can you believe you have made it this far and gone through all you have gone through? Holy cow. I'm so glad he gets to have a long break from the Chemo after this week. He's done remarkably well and so have you!! A pair of troopers.
Just say NO to Neulasta!
Wonderful news Kathy. The years ahead now will be filled with sunshine and rainbows and not the gloom of illness and tests and chemo. You both are very remarkable people and I have learned some valuable lessons from you. Thank you for having this post and for always being positive, faithful, encouraging and looking for the good. I am sure it was difficult, but you certainly are an example of what you say and what you believe in. God bless you both. Have a great time in Rexburg. Hugs.
Hurray! Hopefully this will be the end of such treatments and life can go on...not quite the same, but even better! There is something about being faced with our mortality that makes each day a brighter one! Love you both!
What wonderful news! So glad that the chemo is almost over and that he is doing so very well. Good thing to have the doctors and nurses in awe!! What a blessing his faith and optimism is to all who know him! Have a great trip. We love you both, L&V
We REJOICE every time we see you and President Perrins (darn we miss being your neighbors and just walking next door). Your have run a great race and are fast approaching the finish line which is the end of the cancer treatments. THANKS for your optimism throughout all this!
Post a Comment