Monday, March 8, 2010

Turned the corner!

First of all thank you to all of you who remembered Glenn (us) in your fasting and prayers this week end. We could feel the love and support and we truly needed it.

We saw Dr. Roth this morning and the news is good.

  • Glenn's eye sight is improving. It had deteriorated to 20/70 on Saturday and today it was 20/50. It was 20/40 with both eyes and glasses. That is legal for driving. (He is not driving yet!)
  • The epithelium is significantly better!
  • There is less swelling.
  • His eye's are pink, not bright red. I can even see some white.
  • There is no thinning of the cornea.
  • He is pleased with Glenn's progress that we don't have to go in tomorrow. We will go in on Wednesday.
Glenn eyes have turned the corner...they are starting to heal! This has really been a frightful experience for me, knowing that I am the one helping him take care of his eyes. I am so relieved that what we are doing with the medications and all our collective faith is working.

Sigh....

We still have to wait and see that once they are stable, they can maintain. We are pretty sure it is chemical induced and the farther away from that we get, the better. It has been two weeks.

Glenn will not be getting any more chemotherapy. He looks and feels better already. We will be in close contact with our oncologist, lots of tests, cat scans, etc.

Oh yes, we will still have to deal with the "c" word for at least 5 more years.

3 comments:

Deanna/Mimi said...

Terrific news. I am jumping up and down and smiling from ear to ear...but I am sure you "have been there..done that". Just great news. Thank you for sharing your good news. My cup runneth over with joy for both of you. Hugs.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a relief. You're such a good nurse.

Unknown said...

Goodnes, where have I been all week? Thanks for sharing all the news. We know President Perrins' improvement is directly related to all your faith, prayers, and the great nursing skills of Kathy. We are so happy for all of you!