When we left Seattle, the doctor over there ask Dr. Roth to measure Glenn's eyes every day. Dr. Roth has been simply amazing. He came in yesterday, measured Glenn's' eyes and spent quite a bit of time talking to us, teaching us what to do and helping understand what is going on.
The doctor came in again this morning at 9:00. He very is encouraged with what he saw today, this is what I remember of what he said:
Glenn's vision is slightly better!!!!!! I was so excited as I saw him reading the charts, because I knew that he was seeing some smaller print.
The problem (ulcerative) is that the epithelial (outer or skin) layer of the eye was deteriorating at a very rapid pace. The epithelial is ulcerating and forming a ring around Glenn's Iris. This was happening at a very rapid rate It is like going down a very steep slippery slope. The doctor said that it has bottomed out. It (the ulcer or the erosion) started out in a semi circle under the iris and has progressed to almost 360 degrees around the iris. It's progressed has slowed, has progressed only a little since yesterday. The doctor said that Glenn's body is trying to heal itself. I am sure all the Medicines have got to be helping. Many of them are anti-inflammatory.
Yesterday the doctor suggested that we use Motrin as a pain med because it is an anti-inflammatory. We had not been using it up until then. I felt like he had thrown us a life line. I also know that many prayers are being answers
Glenn's eye balls were blood red or inflamed, as of last Sunday, now they are pink!!!!! In other words the inflammation is going way down. yippee!
Yesterday I was very faithful at giving the eye drops every hour, plus what ever, when ever they were needed. He has 5 or 6 different meds. Today I will do much better because I spent a lot of time yesterday making a wonderful schedule.
What happens is, that usually our eye balls are white. When they are red it is because the blood vessels have expanded and they are leaking enzymes to fight germs and infections. But Glenn doesn't have infection, so his body is attaching itself!!!! Now, the doctor said that it is trying to heal. He said it is like an army has been sent out to fight and they are destroying their own troops. We are calling the army off!
There is no doubt in our minds that our collective faith and prayers are working together with the doctors and the medications to bring about this change. We have every hope that this condition will continue to improve and it will right itself. (in due time, quickly). This epithelium can heal itself. There will probably be some scaring. But he should be fine.
These "ulcers" are open sores and subject to getting infection. Hygiene is of the utmost. He stayed home from church today.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
5 comments:
I was asked to stay home from church the last couple of weeks I was pregnant with Nicole. My LDS doctor said that there are soooo many germs at church and then we go around shaking everone's hand, sitting close together and even hugging each other. Those are things we take for granted until we can't do them. I have so thankful Prez is doing better. He needs those eyes to "keep an eye on YOU!!!" Love Ya Kathy!!!
Hooray...wonderful news. I am sure you are thankful for Dr. Roth, medications and PRAYER AND THE PRIESTHOOD. So glad you caught this when you did. You listened to the promptings of the Spirit. God always sends something or someone our way to help us.
So very glad for the pink instead of the red!!!
All sounds good, like progress is coming and the doctors understand more what is going on. You did a very good job of explaining it all. You sound like a pro! You probably feel like one with all the doctoring you've been doing! We are so glad that things are looking better. Always in our prayers, Love, L&V
So glad for some good news. I've been busy and haven't been able to comment, but been reading and appreciate the updates. Reid has been giving them as well. We've both been worried and have you in our prayers. Even the kids are remembering nightly when we say our family prayers. Lots of people love you!!!!
Miracles, miracles and more miracles! Thanks for keeping us posted and helping us feel a part of the miracles! It is always a blessing for us to fast and pray for all of you! Hugs!
Post a Comment