Monday, March 1, 2010

Red, Red, I see Red.

Red, Red, I see Red!
Pain, Pain, Glenn's eyes have pain!
Light, Light, they're sensitive to light!
Drops, Drops, we drop eye drops!
See, See, he can't see!
Chemo, Chemo, no chemo today.
Rest, rest, just rest!
Drops, Drops, more eye drops!

That little ditty is to celebrate Dr Seuss' Birthday which is tomorrow! Theodor Seuss Geisel. So get out your Dr. Seuss books and have a good time! "Oh the Places You'll Go!" is one of my favorites!

Friday, I noticed that Glenn's eyes were very red! By Saturday we thought that he had pink eye and we got an antibiotic! Sunday morning they were not getting any better! So he got a pain killer for the eye balls! Today, no progress. He went to our family Doctor who made an appointment for him to go to an ophthalmologist. Meanwhile we saw our oncologist and she also wanted him to see the ophthalmologist. She suspended Chemo for one week more.

The results are: no infection, very dry eyes, a reaction to one of the chemo drugs or an allergy. No eye damage! Now he in on steroid antibiotic drops plus a false tear drop called Systane Ultra.. Good tip....The ophthalmologist said they are better for your eyes than Visine type eye drops,

Glenn should be feeling better soon.

This came out of the blue and has really been a trial for Glenn, the worst so far, I think. We say, "The straw that broke the camel's back".

"The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow",,,and it won't hurt!

4 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I am glad you found something to help! That darn chemo has some side effects that just aren't fun! I love you Kathy...I love your little ditty! You are my hero! Tell Glen that we continue to pray for him to heal and be back down here soon! BYU teams ALL need him...I always think of Paul and Glen when it comes to crazy guys loving BYU SPORTS! Thank heavens Kim loves BYU too!!!

Danielle said...

I am sorry for you,for this chemo-caused pooh.
Does it help you to know that we pray for you?

Let me say again, to the both of yous,
you are by far my favorite pair of Za-Boo-Ma-Goos!

Oh, the things you have learned in this flimble-flam fooble flumble.
Sure helps us be thankful, and feel rather humble.

Hang in there, be strong, put your zots-kotz to the test.
Keep using your humor, eat well, and get some rest.

Sorry again that you feel so yugg-yucky...
But being your daughter makes me feel soooo lugg-lucky!

Heather said...

OK I'm not as creative as you or Danielle! or should I say Dan'Yell! :) she'll get that.

that stinks!!! I'm sorry for the one more thing you guys have to deal with. Good heavens.

And you do so much! I literally do nothing it feels like. I ran errands for 4 hours yesterday and now today I can hardly move. I ache everywhere. I feel like I weigh 300 pounds only rest assured I do not.

Baby is kicking lots right now! :)

I hope Dad's eyes get healed up and I'm so glad you passed your physical. I worry about you almost as much as I worry about Dad and all the stress of taking care of him.

Love you both.

Dad was supposed to skype us when you got home from mutual wednesday.. I guess he forgot? We need to do that soon.

Jack had his 2 month appointment. He weights 11.10. He's growing so fast but is still only in the 10% for his age. I guess the other babies had a 3 week jump on him :)

I didn't mean for this to be so long. sorry

Unknown said...

We love, love, love your posts. . . .oops. I got way behind and didn't read them for a bit. Thanks for sharing your creative talents! Love you!