Thursday, March 4, 2010

Life isn't fair, is it?

Glenn's eyes still aren't focusing today. All the Dr's think it is a side effect from the chemo. He is improving and as long as he is improving, that is good. He is frustrated, because he would like to be doing taxes. Nothing can be done, but wait for them to heal.

As I work out at Any Time Fitness in the mornings, I have been able to read the Ensign. It has amazing article this month on enduring trials. I have found the articles instructive and uplifting.

But, still I have my moments...

I was sitting on an exercise ball doing weights (hence not reading). I realized that I was at the gym by my self, Glenn is retired, at home not able to be there with me. Last year at this time we were saying:

...next year we will be going to the gym together....
...next year we will be taking adult institute class together....
...next year we will go to all the births, blessings, & baptisms...
...next year we will start our masters programs....
...next year we will visit the sick and less active together....
...next year we will ride our bikes together....
...next year we will travel....
...next year we will work on our family history together....
...next year we will do more yard work together....
...next year...

What a difference a year makes

6 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Hang in there Kathy...you do not walk alone. No one knows your heartache more than I do. The damage the chemo does is pretty hard to take...I am just hoping those cancer cells are getting the worse of it and desert his body. Love Ya...as always you are in my prayers!!!

Deanna/Mimi said...

I could feel and hear your pain through your words. I wish I could make everything better for you. I want you to know that I can also feel and hear your faith, your courage, your drive and energy to be better, do better, and look at each day with hope and positive thinking. You have weathered many storms and now you can watch for the day when the promised rainbow from God comes your way. I have the deepest admiration for you Kathy and your sweetheart. We all continue to pray for you and for Glenn. Hugs.

Jess said...

This post really touched me Kathy!! Thanks for putting life more into perspective!! SO MUCH can change in a year, we are keeping you guys in our prayers :)

Birgitta said...

This all just breaks my heart. We pray for both of you. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you and Glenn. xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy for your inspiration. You are touching more people than you ever know through your faith and actions. Thank goodness there is more time to do all the things on your list. But this year you are **healing,
**touching others,
**giving all of us opportunities to fast and pray for you
**showing great faith
**fighting one of the toughest battles anyone has ever fought
**getting healthier (Way to go to sign a contract not to eat sugar)
**thankful for skype and being a part of the children and grandchildren's lives in different ways
**putting the scriptures into action even if you didn't get to attend Institute
**learning more and more as you study and discover things on the internet that can help (you should have your masters in "healing" by the time President Perrins is healed)
**learning so many ways to be healthier and stronger
THANKS for reminding us to savor each moment and to be GRATEFUL. We love you! Richard and Tamara

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Your blog touched my heart and it aches for you!
You are amazing to share your tender thoughts which help us all. Thank you. with love, L&V