Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Eyes

Glenn's eyes didn't hurt yesterday, he was so relieved. They were still very red though. We think it is an allergy along with a side effect from the chemo. We'll see how it goes today. The drops really make them feel better. He still couldn't focus very well...no computer screen for him, hence no taxes.

He had a relaxing day. I played the piano for a while as he just relaxed with his eyes closed and listened. He said it was very soothing. I enjoyed that time together very very much!

We are looking forward to this summer when he will be off chemo and feeling better. We are planing to go see the kids and enjoy them coming here. Swimming pool, get ready! I hope we can take a trip to the Oregon coast.

Glenn was able to go to his meeting last night and this is what I did:

  • I just sat down to read a good book and...voila!
  • Kimberly brought by pay roll for one of Glenn's clients (she has taken over his payroll accounts). I was reading to Baylee and...Voila!
  • Some dear friends dropped by! What a treat! They even brought treats (sugar free of course) and gifts for all of us! Like they said, they didn't need to bring anything, we would have just enjoyed the visit. As we were finishing our visit...Voila!
  • Heather Skyped! We were able to see Jack, who is a chubby, cute 2 month old. They are so in love with that baby! She is quite tired as she is seven months prego, but wouldn't change it for anything. As we were finishing up...Voila!
  • Seth called! As we were finishing our visit...Voila!
  • Glenn came home!
So I had quite a lovely evening that I didn't have to get dressed up for, or clean the house for, it doesn't get any better than that!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm glad so many things could happen to make your night just fall into place Voila! Love you lots mom!

Deanna/Mimi said...

"Sounds" like you are well loved Kathy. You are surrounded by "angels" to help you through this time in your life. You have all the key ingredients to give you strength: prayer, scriptures, knowledge, friends, music, laughter, and last but not least...your sweetheart Glenn who is a giant of a man and adores you and loves you completely. You are his choicest blessing in his life and he is yours...of that I have not doubt. God watch over you both and hold you close.

Unknown said...

It is always a JOY to be in your presence. We loved getting to see your precious Heather and Jack. . . .and to hear more about the new grand daughter coming in May. You are so loved and appreciated by all. We are so grateful President Perrins is feeling better and was able to attend to his meetings. It is always a BLESSING to sit in a meeting and hear so many plead with our Heavenly Father for President Perrins' healing. It is happening with each positive thought, with all your yummy meals, the vitamins, the juicing, the treatments, the walks, the talks, and more and more prayers. We love you!

Heather said...

Well.. like you always say.. if you never want to get anything done.. just have 7 kids who will call and bug you all the time! :) Maybe I'm taking some creative liberties there. It was fun to skype. It had been far too long. Sorry to have missed Dad though. I keep trying to read this book I borrowed from a friend but Jack doesn't let me :)

This morning he has given me quite a bit of eye contact! I stuck my tongue out at him and he did it back to me several times! And I SWEAR he smiled at me.. and not just because of gas.. who knows though.. it was so sweet.