Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The fire is almost out.

Glenn is doing much better today. The following are the notes that I took at the doctor visit. Feel free to skip the details. I am sure they are very boring unless he is your dad.

The ophthalmologist used the analogy that we have been putting out a forest fire. There is one place at the 5:00 o'clock area on the iris that still as an ulcer. But the rest of the cornea has healed. We can't call of the fire fighters (meds) because we still don't know what caused it, or exactly what is healing it. We will back off the Motrin tomorrow and there are some other minor changes to the routine, but we will still be treating it very aggressively. We don't see Dr Roth until Monday, and then each med will be taken away, one at a time.

His left eye is 20/30 and his right eye is 20/25!
The white blood count as far as the test last Friday is 17,000. Normal is 4,000 to 10,000.
There is much less infiltration of the the white blood cells in the cornea!!!! It is almost gone.
The ulcers are still 360 degrees, but they are almost totally healed. There will be some scaring.
The blood vessels look good, they are flowing, but his eyes are almost white!
The epithelium is intact.
The pressure in the eye has gone up a little, that is due to the steroid drops. It was 13 and now it is 17.

No, there won't be a test, I don't expect you to get all of this. I can only repeat it because I take pretty good notes.

I could have just said, he is doing much better today. After the doctor appointment, we had to go to Wal-Mart for a renewal on a prescription. Glenn went in with me, instead of sitting with his eyes covered in the car! We saw so many people that we know, so it took a little longer than usual to get out of the store. He can do that! He can also work on his computer!

4 comments:

nevadavans said...

So glad to hear he is doing better! Thanks so much for keeping us all updated on your life and how you are both doing! Love ya!

Deanna/Mimi said...

I am very interested in what is happening...so never supress the details. I know EVERYONE is interested and cares. Knowing helps us to not only thank our Father in Heaven for the improvement but also the specifics on that improvement. Thank you muchly for keeping all of us informed...we deeply care.

Mama Tales said...

Yay, Yay, Yay!!!

Unknown said...

We love all the details and you making us feel more a part. We are grateful that President Perrins' eyes are doing better and he is able to be at the computer for periods of time. Keep up all the great work.