Does that look like a foreign word to you? Glenn developed mouth sores on the week end, so on Monday he was going to ask the Doctor not to give him his chemo treatment this week. She walked into the room with her hands up and said, you don't even have to ask. Glenn is so relieved!!!!
But then the blood test revealed that his white blood cell count was low (another reason not to take the treatment this week). Then she had him shot with Neulasta! Yow! that brings the bone morrow up to fight for more white blood cells and when that kicks in it hurts.
Last night Glenn was glad that he had OXICODONE. (He hardly used it after surgery so I had it out, ready to go dump in the dirt) Thank heavens I procrastinated that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is back to normal today! Ask him, he will tell you it has been a good week, ask me, I will say it is hard to watch when his mouth and his back hurt! But life is good, he is such a patient fellow!
And as he would say "GO COUGS!" They are playing as we speak and that is enough to make any Cougar Fan forget his whoas!
But then the blood test revealed that his white blood cell count was low (another reason not to take the treatment this week). Then she had him shot with Neulasta! Yow! that brings the bone morrow up to fight for more white blood cells and when that kicks in it hurts.
Last night Glenn was glad that he had OXICODONE. (He hardly used it after surgery so I had it out, ready to go dump in the dirt) Thank heavens I procrastinated that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is back to normal today! Ask him, he will tell you it has been a good week, ask me, I will say it is hard to watch when his mouth and his back hurt! But life is good, he is such a patient fellow!
And as he would say "GO COUGS!" They are playing as we speak and that is enough to make any Cougar Fan forget his whoas!
4 comments:
I wonder what a BAD week for Dad is like :) Hope the blood counts get back up soon. Hang in there you guys!
We're watching the game too! so far so good! Go Cougs!
Hang in there, Kathy and Glenn. I'm still praying for you!
Bette
You both are so strong...so positive. You may get one step back thrown at you, but you manage to overcome it and go two steps forward. Hang on to one another and you will find that God is carrying you both. Hugs
Sorry for the downs. . . . .but so grateful there are more treatments like Neulasta. Thanks goodness for BYU sports too. You are such amazing examples to all of us of TRUST, FAITH, PATIENCE, ENDURANCE, LOOKING ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, and so many other things. We love you!
Post a Comment