He really does look better than this picture shows. He has a little more color than this. He is back in the Saddle again. His Yippee-i-yea isn't as loud as it used to by, he has to stop at more watering holes more often and he isnt roping as many dogey's...being home on the range is his favorite thing to do!!! But he is back in business.
He went to Stake Conference two Sundays ago and gave a short talk. He is doing interviews and going to meetings. We wnt to a movie last Thursday night. (Blind Side) He has done 3 tax returns. He hasn't missed a BYU basket ball game (I"ll let him tell you about that!) Plus he is reading a good book, taking 1 1/2 mile walks and keeping up on Fox News. Every day he is building more strength as he recovers from surgery and prepares for the next round of chemo.
As you see he is busy and he loves it. It helps keep his mind off the cancer, which is always lurking just beneath the surface.
His feeding tube is gone, the stiches are healed. He has a CT scan tomorrow which will let us know what is going on inside of his body. I'll let you know what that lets us know.
Monday th 8th he starts Chemo again. We are staying in Moses Lake to do that. He will have an infusion of two different drugs every three weeks and will carry a pack 24/7 fpr an infusion of the third one for the rest of the time. This will be for three or four months.
The main side effect will be fatigue. We are hoping he will be able to take some support suppliments to be able to help dimmish what ever the side effects may be. He is really not looking forward to this next part, but is glad he can do it at home. He won't be taking radiation at the same time, so that will help.
We appreciate all the faith and prayers that have come our way and we still need them.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
9 comments:
I am so comforted knowing that he really does look so good in real life!
And, great play on all of the horsey references. I, too, am soooo glad that you two get to stay home on the range. It can only help in bringing him closer to health and healing!!
I loved being with Danielle and Heather the other day. Danielle has such good common sense...and is a "Hoot" too!!! Helped me get a little Kathy fix...till you can come visit. Maybe I can get adopted and attend your family gatherings? jk Love Ya Tons...Thankful Glenn is doing so good and will continue to pray for those darn cancer cells to get LOST!!!
Thought I saw you guys walking tonight :) Good luck with the CT scan, I'm sure everything will look great! Have a happy weekend :)
We are so glad that Glenn is able to be up and at it again. We pray that the CT scan will be good. Thanks so much for the update! Love, L&V
In this picture he looks like he's lost so much more weight than he said he has! He's a dashingly handsome man though.. as always :)
I'm so inspired by both of your motivation and desire to keep moving forward. You must be exhausted. Thank you for fighting this and I am always praying that we can beat it. I'm glad you get to stay home for treatments. And I hope you can come and meet my babies soon!
Thanks for the update! We are so grateful for all the progress and that you can stay in your comfortable home and not have to travel to the other side of the state. Yeah! Walks of 1.5 miles are amazing. Think of all the people who will be fasting for you this weekend. I love Sharon's comment to pray that the cancer cells will get LOST! Hugs!
Wettervorhersage is a set of all the phenomena occurring in a given atmosphere at a given time. Most weather phenomena occur in the troposphere, just below the stratosphere. weather of refers, generally, to day-to-day temperature and precipitation activity, whereas climate is the term for the average atmospheric conditions over longer periods of time. When used without qualification, "weather" is understood to be the weather of Earth.
Hang in there dear friends. We are thinking about you. Doug and Connie
Post a Comment