John and Agnes Kirby, with children John, Agnes and James, taken in 1910 in Glasgow, Scotland.
I saw this picture of my Grandparents several years ago. At that time I thought how young and hopeful they looked. I remember thinking that if they had know, at that time, what their future was to be, it would have been impossible to bear. Luckily, we don't really get to know what our future is going to be.Just briefly, they joined the church shortly after this picture was taken and immigrated to America. They went on to have 4 more children and my grandfather passed away when my grandmother was pregnant with their 8th child. Grandmother was left in a foreign country with little means of support, to raise her children as a single mother. Personally, I think she did a great job. I loved her very much and was always inspired by her deep faith in our Lord and Savior.
Some times I lay awake at night and think, "what will my future be?" I think of this picture of my grandparents and the words of this song runs through my mind..."Que sera sera, what ever will be will be, the futures not ours to see, que sera, sera."
Even though I don't know what my future will be, I know that I am hopeful that Glenn will be healed and that we will be able to continue through life "hand in hand" for many more years! I must say that I have trust in the Lord and I am able to say, "thy will be done".
Even though I don't know what my future will be, I know that I am hopeful that Glenn will be healed and that we will be able to continue through life "hand in hand" for many more years! I must say that I have trust in the Lord and I am able to say, "thy will be done".
6 comments:
Amen! Beautiful post Kathy. I know life is really tough right now and my heart aches for you and your family. Hang in there sweet friend...there is always rainbows at the end of storms. Your faith is beautiful to read...I totally believe our Father is mindful of you and the desires of your heart. Your words were lovely and beautifully stated "I must say I have trust in the Lord and I am able to say, 'thy will be done.' That speaks volumes about you Kathy. Your words, your faith are helping me at this time in my life. Even though you are going through so much at this time, you are still helping others like me with your example of faith. Thank you. Hugs...
I often hear Doris Day singing those words, too, Kathy.
I love this post--gaining from the past to live with the future. As long as we're willing to let His will be done, we can bear anything.
I love that you gather strength from your Grandmother. I often think of how important our example is to all those little people that call us Grandma. I wonder what their struggles will be. "Thy will be done" has always been a walk of faith for me, I do know that Heavenly Father loves you both and will not leave you. I know that with every fiber of my being.
We'll have to talk about genealogy! My great-grandma joined the church in Glasgow and came with her children to Utah with the Willey Company.
With every prayer we continue to pray for both you and Glenn. Your faith in our Heavenly Father's will and His love for you is strengthening to me! You are an example of so many good and righteous qualities to us all. Thank you for who you are. We love you, V&L
I don't know how she did it! Dad will be healed and you'll live to be old and grey!
Thanks Kathy for sharing this amazing post. Just as we draw strength from our ancestors, our descendants draw strengh from us. (Plus your friends draw from you too). It was a JOY to share lunch with you yesterday at Michael's. Learning to truly TRUST is a lifetime goal of mine. You have it under control and proceed with faith. Know that we are praying every step of the way with you.
Post a Comment