Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to the Perrins' Family Roller Coaster!

When we come home from Seattle, we were a bit unsettled with the chemo plan that our doctor had outlined. We felt like we needed something different. Glenn did not want to go back to Seattle, we wanted to find something that will help his body fight the cancer in a natural way.

Our oncologist in Seattle connected us with the oncologist in Moses Lake that we saw before we went to Seattle. We had to wait until yesterday to see her. Meanwhile we contacted a place in Arizona that we made an appointment with, We were waiting to hear what the oncologist here had to say before we completed our plans.

We met with our oncologist yesterday and she outlined a plan of chemo that we liked a lot better. Plus we asked her to refer us to a naturepath in our area. She was very glad to do that, so that we can use the two modalities in connection with each other. Add to that, our primary care physician called the place in Arizona to find out what treatments they were planning and he told us that he can give Glenn some of the same treatments!

So, we were planning a 3 to 6 week trip to Arizona, but are now able to stay in our home and receive treatments. We are thrilled to be able to stay home. I feel like I will be able to "get on with the rest of my life". Glenn is pleased that he will be HOME. He will be able to continue his church calling and do his tax practice.

He is feeling better and stronger every day! He has to work at eating enough, but so far has only lost about 5 or 6 pounds and is holding. His body is functioning very well. We continue have the faith that we are going to lick this thing and both of us "get on with the rest of our lives".

Sigh :)

9 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I am sighing with you...I think sometimes I am holding my breath to hear the right words when I see your post. Stay warm and know you are loved! I will take pictures at the baby shower. They are have a separate one for Heather's daughter later...maybe you can be there. Love Ya, Sharon

Deanna/Mimi said...

So very glad that all can be done with you being able to stay in your own "temple" and enjoy your surroundings that make it a sweet place on earth. There is no place like home. Ned and I continue to pray for you both. I wish I could take upon myself what you are going through...just as Christ took upon himself...and let you both be free of all of this. I would gladly do it. I know however that you are going to lick this thing and both of you will get on with the rest of your lives, just as you said. Beautiful!

Heather said...

That is great news!! too bad you don't have to come to Utah for 3 to 6 weeks though :)

I am so glad you get to be home during the rest of Dad's treatment.. I say "the rest" and hope that that's the case. Hopefully you can be done after that.. We are praying hard for that every day.

Did Danielle go home?

Little Jack says hello and that he can't wait to meet you. I took him to meet his new Pediatrician yesterday and he weighed 7 lb 8 oz!! We skipped right over the 6's :) He is growing so fast and already looks like a different boy. He is so beautiful. He looks exactly like our baby :)

Lori said...

That's GOOD news. So glad to hear it.

Unknown said...

What a blessing to read your blog and be greeted by such GOOD NEWS. . . .You would love the Arizona weather right now, but the 1400 miles is LONG. Miracles, miracles, miracles!

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Wonderful news!! So glad that you can stay home and get the treatment that you need. What a tender mercy from our Father in Heaven. With love, L&V
I felt bad that I didn't even talk to Danielle Saturday night, we were so involved in hearing your plans! We appreciate and love her. I hope she knows that. Again, hurrah for the good news!

Susan said...

Oh, big *sigh* indeed!!

I'm glad you get to stay home also, it makes it much more bearable...

Thanks for all the updates!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

It was a amazing to hear from Glen on Sunday and to her his testimony and feel his spirit. He is an inspiration and so are you. It was an amazing conference and trust me you are all in our prayers!

Davis Flash said...

That is good news, I am looking forward to our annual trip to Washington, and hope to stop by for at least a few minutes to see a vibrant and strong Glenn. It really sounds like he is doing well. We are praying for more good news from the Perrins.