One night as I was praying, I was just asking and pleading with the Lord for the blessings that I wanted. Later as I lay thinking, the thought came to me that I needed to count my blessings. It took a moment for me to get warmed up, so I decided that I could at least count 10 blessings. The first ones come a little slow, then I started counting many many blessing and literally fell asleep counting my blessing!
Two things happened the next morning!
- I realized that my blessings are infinite. That gladdens my heart every time I think of it!
- I realized that the simple act of counting our blessings keeps us positive and close to the spirit. Glenn and I are very aware that we have so many blessings. We know that it is necessary for us to acknowledge them and be grateful for them.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:4,5
"Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9
8 comments:
Kathy, you are a true inspiration---thank you! President Perrins did such a good job today. Please tell him. Conference was a humbling and sweet experience and just what I needed.
Ken and I talked on the way home about a lot of things, one of which was your marriage and how connected and good you two are together. Your children are lucky (should I have said blessed?).
We'll keep the prayers coming. Anything else you need?
Love you,
BRENDA
We had a lesson on burdens today 3rd hour and I loved the part where the Lord allows us to have burdens to teach us and humble us and bless us. Having burden's makes us stop and listen to the Lord so he can teach us and bless us in ways that we would never notice when life is going well!! Trials make us teachable!! When we are stressed we seem to take the time to really listen to the Lord. Trials are rough, but the Lord is amazing in allowing those trials to happen. Love you two and learning so much from you two listing your blessings when life is so crazy right now!! I think listing blessing is the best medicine to get anyone through trials.
Dear Friends, We were so very happy that Pres. Perrins could be with us at conference this morning. His talk was wonderful and his faith and desire to serve an inspiration to us all. I love those scriptures of courage and faith!
Sometimes I like to pray just with thanks, no asking, and it's amazing how it opens my eyes to all I already have. Kind of like your counting your blessings!
We love you both and pray that your trip down will be good and that your stay in AZ will bring exactly the results we're all praying for.
With love, L&V
You are an inspiration!! I have to echo the words of the Hunsakers. Also I was going to comment on your counting your blessings as it brought back memories of when I too did not ask for one thing, but only had a prayer of thanks. It was refreshing and really made me realize how much I had in my life. Thank you for the reminder. You are wonderful and indeed an inspiration to all ages...Glenn is an exceptional man and is the perfect example of righteousness. God hold you both close. Hugs.
Your faith always amazes me and I'm so lucky (yes, Lucky Brenda :) to have you both as my parents. I'm hope I'm half the parents and teachers to my children as you are to me!
We know your children and your friends are BLESSED to know and love you. Thanks President Perrins for your amazing testimony and motivating us to be better. One time in the old LTM we were challenged to pray for an hour. That seemed like way too long. The first 10 minutes were hard and then it seemed like I could have gone on forever in counting my blessings. However, class was to start and I had to stop. One time I sat in the celestial room and said THANKS for over an hour. . . .what an incredible experience. It seems as we open the gate just a little, soon the blessings just flow out and flood our minds. Please know that we will continue to pray for you many times a day. I felt prompted to fast for you yesterday. We pray for more miracles as you travel to AZ. Love you!
I have found that to be so healing in my life. We are going back to Arizona. Hope you get some sunshine and lots of R&R!!! :)
I read this post today (Monday afternoon) and the verse from Joshua really stayed with me. I kept thinking what a strong and comforting scripture it is. About an hour later, Erik came in with the mail.... Thank you! How wonderfully perfect. We will call you later.
Post a Comment