The good news is that they did the liquid tests on the surgical sights and THERE ARE NO LEAKS! Which means that Glenn can start eating (drinking) clear liquids. That means broth, jello, juice, herbal teas. He will soon move to full liquids like yogurt, pudding, milk, ice cream, smoothies, etc. Then to soft and tender foods like peaches, tuna, cottage cheese, noodles, eggs, etc. The steps move pretty quickly. He has had his first meals and is glad to be eating. Can eat small amounts often. He still looks good and is walking a lot.
The not so good news is that the pathology report is inconclusiver. He will probably have to have more chemo and radiation, when he builds his strength up.
So we here we are again, relying on all of our faith and prayers. We are feeling OK, like it is just one more piece to the puzzle. Every thing is going to be fine.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
4 comments:
Inconclusive sounds better than positive yes, so hopefully any follow treatments knocks it for good. I am with you, Glenn is going to be fine. He is a trooper and his positive attitude along with and prayers will win the day.
When Paul gave me a blessing before David was born...he blessed me that I would survive labor...I immediately mentioned that wasn't what I wanted him to say. I wanted him to bless me that I would have NO PAIN and the baby would just pop out. Well after a C-Section and the worst pain I had ever had...I got a healthy baby & was just fine. Paul reminded me that the blessing came from Heavenly Father and not him. I felt like that when you mentioned "inconclusive". I was praying for "no cancer cells" and "no pain". Now we will be thankful that Prez is healing and will be just fine. Love Ya Tons!
Hi, We just got back last night from a trip to SLC where a grandson went through the temple before his mission (It was one of those never-to-be-forgotten, wonderful days!) and so hadn't seen your blogs for a few days. We are grateful Pres. Glenn is progressing, walking, eating, and undoubtedly smiling. We wish the report was absolutely sure, but I think with cancer it often isn't. You are always in our prayers and we will rejoice with you when that final "puzzle piece" is in place. With love, Vaughn and Loye
Oh darn.
However, the no leaks is very, very good news. So, I'll toast (with apple juice) to, "NO LEAKS!" while we wait for the rest to improve.
Post a Comment