Yesterday, Glenn got to sip apple juice, water and cranberry juice. Oh oh oh, no no no. It didn't go as well as we were hoping. He had a pain that he had forgotten, in is upper chest after surgery, and the sipping brought that pain back.
Some of this feels like we are on a yo yo or a teeter totter. Which is so normal, I think, so we just keep on trucking. Life is still good. Last night we put the computer on his tray and I hopped on his bed and we sat there a watched a movie together, it was a great way to just relax and forget the world around us.
Life is still good, today he gets a barium test on his whole system, plus an upper GI. Today is the day we get the pathology report -- all in all a big day after a relatively quiet week end.
This place is a buzz with Doctors, nurses, staff, buzzers, beepers, and sirens. A person for every need. Big business.
There is a fun fish tank here on the floor. There is a Nemo and a Nora. Nemo hangs close to one edge. Nora is beautiful, just like the character in the movie. She hides when we come close, then will peek out, then she will start to swim again. By the end of the day she stays completely hidden. We didn't even know she was there until yesterday when things were relatively quiet.
Although we are comfortable and well taken care of we hope to get out of here tomorrow. There are still several things that have to happen before we go.
- barium test
- no leaks in the surgery areas
- visit with dietitian
- drainage tube from the neck taken out
- IV's taken out
- transition of pain medication from epidural to liquid pain med
- tolerating liquids and soft foods
5 comments:
I love reading your blog...it is always so positive, upbeat, and full of faith. You both are wonderful to share this time in your lives. It helps us too. Through your faith and example, we are strengthened to be "fighters" in our own trials. Thank you for the updates on Glenn. My heart melted when I read of you watching a movie together in a hospital bed. You truly are a team and the love you have for one another is most evident. Hugs.
My fingers are crossed (and my toes).
That stinks about the pain when he drank the juice. Man the little things we take for granted (sp?)
Jack and I are sitting her on the couch together.. we wish we could see you both and give you big hugs and kisses.
I hope you get to leave the hospital tomorrow too, but mostly I want everything to be ok with Dad and want him taken care of. I am anxious to hear the results of the pathology report. ugh.
You are almost to the end of the trek and you (Ma and Pa) are still hanging in there. I know it is not fun; it is sad to hear about the pain but I will pray that the check list keeps getting shorter! Love Ya!!!
It was fabulous to meet you two in person on Saturday. We were reluctant, being strangers, to stop in and spend some time. Our desire was to bless your lives in some way, but we came away being the blessed recipients. It was a pleasure to feel of your individual strength and your incredible partnership. We cheer you on and know that you will continue with miraculous blessings! How do we know? Because you are the salt of the earth type people!
Barb and Andrea Cahoon
Post a Comment