Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Surgey A Success

Glenn is out of surgery. His vitals were great through the surgery and the Doctors were able to perform the complete operation in less time than they originally thought. With the surgery over, Glenn he has already begun to breath on his own (and quickly I might add) which is the first big step post operation. We asked them if we could see the stomach or the cancer (ok, my son asked for that) and the Dr. said no, that everything would be taken to pathology for review. Because Glenn will be in the hospital for 7 days, we will receive the full pathology report before we leave.

11 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

So glad to hear the news. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Anonymous said...

Thrilled to hear surgery went well; maybe better than expected! Will continue to pray for quick-speedy recovery! AFTER ALL, tax season is upon us Glenn and you best be ready! Many of us taxPAYERS are oh soooooo anxious to pay the government to "squandor" big bucks! No telling when they will get those "pressses running" again with stimulus buckeroos. Take care good friend, fight the good fight, and love on your wife who is your VERY BESTEST FRIEND EVER!!! Mr. Arie and Ms. Kitty

Grandma & Grandpa said...

So very happy to hear that things went well. We've been anxious to hear. So glad you have the blog to keep us all posted. So very grateful that he is doing well, and so that means you are too!! With love, L&V

Deanna/Mimi said...

Happy Day! So glad and thankful to hear the news of Glenn. He is a "trooper" and so are you. You both are in our prayers. Hugs.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

So glad things went well. Glenn is so tough and optimistic which I am sure is a major part of his recovery!! We will keep praying for you!! By the way your new grandson Jack is so adorable!!! I bet you can't wait to meet him!!

Korbi said...

We love you and are thinking and praying for you. At least Glenn got to hold onto the hairs on his head, they can NEVER take that away from him!!! Bad, cancer, bad, you go away and leave Glenn alone!

Carolyn said...

What a relief for you to be through with Glenn's surgery! You two have been in my prayers (and I'm glad they have been answered so well).
I've been working late for a big audit we have the next two days,so I'm also glad for your blog! I pray the next week is not too uncomfortable for Glenn and that he makes a speedy recovery. Did the doctor say you could hang out here when he's released?

Love and blessings,
Carolyn

Unknown said...

We are so grateful to hear this WONDERFUL NEWS! You better believe lots of prayers were going heavenward today in your behalf. We all will be sleeping better tonight. We pray that the recovery is speedy and that all involved will feel a great peace and comfort. If we were there, we would help you laugh and cry too. Hugs to both of you!

Sarah Rowley said...

What an answer to many, many, prayers! Glenn is such a wonderful example of faith and I know having you by his side gives him so much strength to get through all of this. Glad Seth could be there, even with his morbid curiosity. I love you all and will keep praying for things to continue to go well with recovery.

Lori said...

Best news I've heard ALL DAY!!!! and keep it coming.

Lea Ann said...

Yeah! So happy that all has gone well so far. We will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.