Friday, December 18, 2009

PET/CT scan Results Good

We went to Seattle on Tuesday, the roads were good both ways and that was such a blessing.
The results of the PET/CT scan were good and the results of the blood draw were normal! They are all so pleased that Glenn is doing so well.

Wednesday our appointment with the surgeon was at 11:30. We met with his "fellow", a nurse, a dietitian and the Surgeon, that took about two hours. Then we went to an anesthesia clinic which we waited an hour for and it took two hours, we were there until 4:30.

Dr. Oleschelar said that this is one of the most serious surgeries a person can have. Glenn will be in the hospital 6-10 days, and it will take 2-3 months for him to start feeling well. We have a good a positive attitude about it, but all the same it is sobering.

We are doing our best not to think about it too much, even though we have to prepare for it. We just want to enjoy the Holidays.

7 comments:

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I feel your anxiety Kathy. I don't know what we would do without KNOWING God is watching and in charge. He will guide you trough this one day at a time...I know...I have felt the despair. Prez is one strong man and we all our in "your court" on this one! Love Ya Tons...Sharon

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm glad you have some good news to propel you through the hard times ahead. I'm so glad Pres. Perrins is doing well and that you are, too.

Deanna/Mimi said...

Very good news! All will be well. The "P's" are in your corner: Prayer, Priesthood and People who love you both very much.

Much Love, Deanna

Grandma & Grandpa said...

We were so happy to get back "on-line" and read that Glenn's test results were good! Keep that wonderful positive attitude! You both are in our prayers.
With love, Loye and Vaughn

Davis Flash said...

Great news on the test results, I am sure you and especially Glenn will be blessed through the next steps. Our prayers are with you.

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Hang in there buddy.

Unknown said...

Oops. . . .Thought I had posted a comment last week, but looks like it disappeared. We are so grateful that things went well with the tests and all. Now we continue to pray for the surgery and recovery. Please remember that there are so many of us who really do care. Merry Christmas.