Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Glenn's condition

It is 12 days out since the last cancer treatment. Thing are getting better, but they are not totally good. He has some good days and some bad days. The bad days are getting less and less. It is hard to tell what makes the difference. The swallowing is getting easier, which means that there has been some healing of the radiation burns.

Dr. Shankaran called on Monday and said that each day should be better. She said that his platelets have doubled from the previous low, so they are moving in the right directions. The Chemo is out of his body. By the time he gets to surgery on January 5th, he should be totally healthy. She is looking forward to seeing us on the 17th of December.

Glenn will have his PET/CT scan on the 17th, and we will meet will Dr. Oshleger and learn every thing about his surgery. Surgery will take it's toll on him also. I have to say that I think I am dreading it more than he his. He has such a good attitude, never complains.

6 comments:

Heather said...

You need to try to find a way to relax about everything Mom! Not that there isn't plenty to stress about, you just need to take care of yourself too!

Glad Dad's swallowing is gettng a little better. I hate to see him in such pain.

Love you guys.

Danielle said...

Are you getting sick of people telling you that you are strong and amazing?! Well, we just can't help it. You are.

I don't blame you for being nervous. I am "dealing" with Dad's illness a few states away. That is hard enough. I can't imagine how you two are dealing with this.

One bite at a time?!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

I understand your be a bit anxious. What a personal Gethsemane you are going through. Know that our prayers, thoughts and love are with you. You are doing great. What would we do without the firm knowledge of the gospel? Consider yourself hugged!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma & Grandpa said...

We have been anxious to know how Glenn has been doing. Glad for the post. Do hope the good days soon overtake the bad. It's a hard journey. Vaughn was very uncomplaining too, always looking on the bright side. Great husbands we have! We do continue to pray for you both and hope that the surgery will finally take care of the problem. We love you, Loye and Vaughn

Unknown said...

It has been such a blessing to see you at so many activities lately. Both of you look super! When will you perform "The Messiah?" We'd love to hear you share your talents. You continue to be in our prayers. We love you!