Thursday, November 19, 2009

"THE WIND BENEATH OUR SAILS"

We are done, does that seem like it just flew by to you? It does to us! We are home! Yea! The pass was OK. It had compact snow and ice on top, traction tires recommended. The best part is that the traffic was moderate. We saw a lot of trucks, but they were mostly chaining up. One of them was jack knifed, but he wasn't in our way, we just went around him! So we are home, this stage of treatment is done!

Glenn drove to Ellensburg and then I took over and he fell asleep. I think he will be sleeping a lot these next two weeks, and I may join him!

Before Glenn started cancer treatment, he talked to a friend who had gone through a similar experience 10 years ago. His comment was that he "just sailed right through it"! As we were going through it, when we hit some rocky times , we would ask, "how could he say that he just sailed right through it?"

Now that the treatment is over, if you were to ask Glenn about it, he would say,
"I JUST SAILED RIGHT THROUGH IT!" I would add that he had some WIND BENEATH THOSE SAILS!

The people at the SCCA Center have been wonderful! We said our good bye's to the doctors...


Dr Shankaran, oncologist...


Jared and Dane, the technicions....

The nurses...




The parking garage attendant, who was always helpful...

And other people who have been featured on the post at the end of week 4. We have become very familiar with everything and everyone, but as much as we love them all, we are glad that this part of Glenn's treatment is behind us and that he did so well!

Thanks to all the people who were the "wind beneath our sails"!

9 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Welcome Home. Welcome Home.

Danielle said...

Ooooohhhh! I just feel like jumping...for joy!! Maybe I'll try a heel click.

Sure love you! CONGRATULATIONS!

Heather said...

I am so happy. I'm glad you made it home safely and I'm so glad that's over. I'm glad Dad is planning on resting. He needs it. And so do you.

I'm so glad you had so much support around you and under your wings during this whole thing. What a huge blessing.

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

YES YES YES!!! I am so thankful it is over for you two. Another hurdle cleared by "Our Fearless Leader". I may not be in your stake but Pres Perrins will always be on the list of my most favorite leaders. You Kathy have survived and have once again been a role model in my life. We will live to shop together...somethings are just plain meant to be!

Birgitta said...

yeah! Way to go Glenn and way to go Kathy ---you were a big wind under his sails! congrats!

Anonymous said...

OK, you've given me a new "favorite". My favorite used to be that Glenn looked like a model, but my new favorite is the photo of the parking attendant. You know how to be grateful, yes you do. You made my entire day! I'm so happy for you both to be home and healing. Sleep away, I say!

Love,
BRENDA

Kimberly said...

Dad is taking lots of naps, but who can blame him. You definitely couldn't have done that without some wind in your sails. Wind came from so many sources, but I have to agree with Gitta, Mom, you sure made the ride breeze by for dad. He couldn't have done it without you!

Anonymous said...

So glad it's over and that he's done so amazingly well! The people you work with at cancer centers are so kind and good. I remember their giving Vaughn a big Christmas stocking with all kinds of helpful things in it last year. So glad you're home and things went so well. Blessings! With love, Loye and Vaughn

Carolyn said...

Congratulations on being finished with all the treatments, Glenn! It's fantastic that you did so well. I know you are both going to miss those weekly trips over the mountain. And Happy Birthday! (I'm just getting caught up on the blog.) May you all have a happy, healthy Thanksgiving.
Love, Carolyn