Glenn had a good day today, I am taking you on a photo trip through the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance where Glenn has radiation every week day and infusion on Monday.
We thought we would let you see some more of what we see. This girl screens every one who comes into the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Center. She doesn't work every day, but she recognizes us when we come in. We fill out the form which asks if we have any flu or cold symptoms.
Then everyone in the clinic wears the sticker for the day which says that they have been screened. If they have symptoms they wear a mask as you will see a little later.
They let me go behind the scenes to get pictures of what we see. It would be pretty hard to photo all the staff that help, but here are some. This cute nurse, isn't one of ours, but she reminds me so much of Lyndy Jorgensen Perkins that I just had to take her picture.
The tech on the left is Dane, the one on the right is Jared. Missing are Sue and Jane, who I have never seen. When I asked if I could get pictures of these guys, they offered to let me take pictures of them getting Glenn all set up for radiation. They really enjoy him, they say that Glenn is a character and brightens their day! Hmmmmmm.
They measure and mark and measure and mark to make sure that they get the beams just right!



There is the beam on the mark.
The big machine goes around as it shoots beams at him from the front and side.
These are our receptions in the waiting room and below are some patients who agreed to the photo shoot and the blog post (if they really could understand English, they had some pretty strong accents!) Note the mask, very common at the Center.
This is the view from the fifth floor, on the opposite side of where we saw the homeless people. I love looking out over the bay! The white along the edge are all boats! Seattle is full of contrast!
When we left the Center Glenn drove home. He did fine all the way, hardly had any sickness. He reminds me of our neighbors horse "Old Silver". Old Silver would trot just fine when going away from home, but as soon as you pointed him toward his home, he would take off on a full gallop! So you can guess Glenn's response when I suggested we stop and shop at the Out Let Mall! Actually I agreed with his logic, I wanted to get over the pass as soon as possible, because it was raining. The pass was fine!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
6 comments:
Did you get Glenn's permission to show his naked chest? Oh la la.
Gallop home, Silver, and have a good weekend! Get some rest, guys. You are valient warriors.
And thanks for the play by play. You are living in a world that literally seems to be going on without us! Hard to believe.
It was nice to have a pictures. Gives a little window into your world. It is hard to imagine what Pres Perrins body is have to endure to kill the cancer. I hope that growth is shriveling up and going 100% away. Have a good weekend...tell Pres that the goal post is closer now and we are expecting him to score BIG!!!
Loved seeing what your going through....is he up to going and getting some dessert or something tonight? It would be fun to visit. If so call my cell phone 771-0797. Can I bring dinner in tomorrow?
Thanks for the play by play. We are so grateful for modern medicine and the technology to get rid of the cancer invading President Perrins' body. We're grateful you arrived home safely! It is always a blessing to drive into the cul de sac and see your car in the driveway. All of us miss you so much. . . . . .but lots of steps have already been taken on this journey--just a few more!
I loved the play by play. Now I don't have to picture it myself!
Post a Comment