We had a great trip home on Friday, but later in the day Glenn got very nauseated. It took some doing to get it under control. We finally did, then we relaxed and watch a movie.
Saturday, Glenn got up and worked with Kimberly to put the finishing touches on our closet organization project. All was well. He had a good breakfast and lunch and settled in to watch the BYU football game. I was thinking that he was going to be fine, so I took off and went over to Kim's to help her with a project. We didn't have our cell phones, big mistake!
When I came home, he was really sick. Again it took some time to get it under control, he finally started to feel a little better, then he took a nap. I felt so bad that I had been gone while he was struggling.
So it seems like these last few days have been a pattern of some good hours and some not so good hours. They are not always the same, such as bad mornings or bad afternoons. That is what is so crazy about it, we just never know when the nausea is going to strike!
The nausea is the symptom that is so hard to deal with. He has three different medications he can take but they don't always help. He needs to keep his stomach full, so he is snacking almost constantly. When all else fails, he takes the one little nausea pill that makes him very sleepy. Taking a nap is the best thing he can do when the nausea gets out of control. So far he has not thrown up! Thankfully.
I have to say that through it all he is a trooper! I don't know what I would be like, if it were me going through this. Thank you for all of your support and prays. We feel it and we are so grateful for good friends and family. We are so blessed.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
2 comments:
Thanks for keeping us posted! We are constatly amazed at your strength, faith, courage, and determination to get through all of this with flying colors. Yeah for the Cougars and their amazing victory over the Cowboys. 4 weeks down and only two more to go. We pray that this week before President Perrins' birthday is a positive one!
I can't imagine how he is finding the strength to do this. I don't know how I would be doing it either. It hurts my heart to have him be sick and in pain. We are praying with everything that we have for him to feel better and have the 6 weeks pass quickly.
I love you, Dad!
Post a Comment