I had to drive to Seattle this morning, because Glenn was a bit rocky. I only missed one turn. Glenn had radiation and found out that Wednesday is Veterans day and he doesn't have to do radiation! Gift # 1. Then he went to his oncologist and found out that his platelets were too low and he couldn't have the 5 hours of infusion of Chemo that he usually gets on Monday. Gift #2!
So he is hoping that will help his week. We will see. His treatments are all starting to compound, eating, with the radiation burn is getting harder. He does have a numbing mouth wash, but that doesn't always do the job. He is still a trooper.
Just a glimpse into some humor. We were getting ready to take run to Safeway. I checked my purse to see if I had what I needed: Wallet - check. Umbrella - Check. Room key - Check. Seconds later I decided that I didn't need my purse, and walk out of the room. Glenn walked out behind me, shut the door and asked if I had the key...it was in my purse! I tell you, keeping track of that little key card, and our parking pass card and all the other details must be getting to me. Thank goodness they have a back up plan.
Even before this happened I would say that between the two of us we have a whole brain! That is really the case as we go through our days of appointments, parking garages, hotel comings and goings, elevators, meals, etc.
Oh well, 4 weeks down and 2 to go, we will make it, we are OK, we will be fine!!!!!!
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
3 comments:
Well I guess you have the part down where it says...you two should become as one...you have officially united your brains. I can't think of a couple that compliment each other more than you two do...hang in there...love ya tons!!!!
Grateful for the GIFTS that have been bestowed upon you and constantly pray for more. Thank goodness you two have each other and thank goodness for back up plans. It seems like they are called upon more than we can ever imagine. Only 8 days more--what troopers you both are!
We are holding our breath, waiting for the end of treatments! We can't wait for you two to be done having to shoulder this physically, and mentally.
Here's to a good week!
We love you!!
Post a Comment