Today Glenn's platelets are up, but not very high. Dr. Shankaran ordered 1/2 the Sisplaten (liquid chemo through his port). He is in infusion as we speak, resting comfortably! He drove over, the roads were fine, it was raining on the pass but the temp was 35/36. Good! The rest of his blood test looks fine.
He is getting a little more tired and is willing to rest when necessary. The Dr. told him that he will continue to get tired even after treatments, as the radiation and the chemo get out of his system. Well, he has time!
His next appointments are on Dec. 17 and 18. He will meet with the surgeon and with his oncologist. His surgery is scheduled for January 8th. We will learn more about his surgery then.
We are especially interested in the recovery time as Heather's first baby is due on the 18th of January and I really want to be there! Her second baby is due on May 11th and I am planning a long stay for that one!
Thank you all for your love and concern. We can feel the prayers and good thoughts. He has a great attitude and is thrilled that this is the last week. He actually is quite jubilant!
He is getting a little more tired and is willing to rest when necessary. The Dr. told him that he will continue to get tired even after treatments, as the radiation and the chemo get out of his system. Well, he has time!
His next appointments are on Dec. 17 and 18. He will meet with the surgeon and with his oncologist. His surgery is scheduled for January 8th. We will learn more about his surgery then.
We are especially interested in the recovery time as Heather's first baby is due on the 18th of January and I really want to be there! Her second baby is due on May 11th and I am planning a long stay for that one!
Thank you all for your love and concern. We can feel the prayers and good thoughts. He has a great attitude and is thrilled that this is the last week. He actually is quite jubilant!
5 comments:
Yay, Yay, Yay. Hang in there and know we continue to pray for you.
We are having a party here! Really good news...all the way around. We are counting down these last few days!!
Kathy,
I have been behind on reading your posts---I had been so faithful until last Thursday. So glad to hear that Glenn is doing so well. My favorite post was your Happy Birthday tribute. So fitting for him and so totally you! I agree that you are a trophy wife and that you're both so blessed to have each other. The rest of the world is blessed by your great examples, so thank you!
I just heard, from Kimberly, about Heather!!!! Wow! What great, surprising, exciting, overwhelming news! I'm so happy for her.
Love you,
BRENDA
Yes, I see you sneakily inserted our second baby into that post ;) You sly mama. Well, I'm certainly not helping out by not posting am I? I will do it soon I promise.
I'm so excited to see you guys in 5 days!!! I hope Dad is doing well in his last week and getting the rest he needs. You too. He really has been a champ. My hero as usual.
Love you guys.
H
What a JOY it is to read your blog and especially to hear all the good news. We are grateful this is your last week in Seattle. We are thrilled for Heather and the new babies. . . .Can you imagine the excitement in heaven as these two prepare for this precious mother and father????
Hugs and have a super day!
Post a Comment