Sunday, November 15, 2009

HAPPY 65TH BIRTHDAY GLENN

Today is Glenn's 65th birthday and he had a chance to talk to all of our kids and when all is said and done, they are the most important people to us in this life! Thank you, Kimberly and Curtis for dinner. Thanks to Baylee and Clark for the entertainment!

Glenn and Jeremy


Glenn and Danielle

Glenn and Erik


Glenn and Seth



Glenn and Heather


Glenn and Kimberly


Glenn and Clark

Glenn Grew up in Deer Park Washington

Glenn was born in 1944, just before the war was ended. He is the youngest, cutest, smartest, most talented of 5 great siblings. His parents were school teachers in Deer Park. At first there wasn't even a branch of the church up there. It started slowly, with the first Sunday School being held in Glenn's home.


Glenn at 6 months with his brother Sam


Six years old


Second Grader


Senior in High School
Glenn was very active in sports, plays, academics, when he was in school. He was natural born leader there, and also as he moved on to Ricks College where we met for the first time in the fall of 1965. He has many track trophy's, spelling trophies, and one trophy wife!


Just married! "Our only council to our children - "It starts with a kiss"! They get it!


1986 when they were all home!



2009 at Nauvoo, all here but one! (and two on the way.)




It is interesting looking at these pictures. At the time Glenn had cancer and we didn't even know it. Ignorance is bliss.

Glenn is an amazing person!
  • He is a doer!
  • Has massive amounts of energy and enthusiasm.
  • Even though he has leadership qualities running through his veins, he is a great councilor/follower.
  • He has the right blend of talent in music and sports. It makes him well rounded and interesting.
  • He is also very (too) interested in the world around him.
  • He loves the Lord and has great faith in him.
  • He loves people and is very interested in them and their lives.
  • He has an amazing ability to remember names and faces!
  • He is a motivator. Many people follow his council to make their lives better.
  • He is great with youth, and has helped many on the path to missions and service.
  • He is a great father to our children, grand father to their children and good father in law.
  • He is a good husband, fun, faithful, true. Has provided well for us as we reach retirement.
  • He is loving and supportive.
  • We are best friends.
  • He is helpful and kind.
  • He is a great dancer, "he's got rhythm" "I could dance all night with him"
  • He has always been respectful of his parents and of mine also. Thank you.
  • He respects womanhood.
  • He is an aggressive driver...
  • He loves BYU Sports (next to them I come first).
  • He is a great golfer, in fact I think it was his golf swing that stole my heart in the spring of 1968.
  • He loves to serve the Lord and always takes his calling seriously.
  • He loves to read history.
  • He loves the Prophet Joseph Smith, has read several books on him and looks forward to meeting him, not too soon, I hope.
  • I am so proud to be his wife, thank you for asking, it has been quite the ride!
  • I am proud of how well his is taking the cancer treatments,
  • He has been strong, positive and good natured.
  • He has also needed my help, and I am glad that I have been able to be there for him.
Happy Birthday Sweet Heart!

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

" . . . and one trophy wife!" Oh, Kathy, you do make me laugh. You're absolutely right. He did get lots of trophies including you.

Happy Birthday President Perrins. Three things I love and appreciate about you are:

Your voice. I love listening to you in quartets.

Your zest for life. Everything you do has intensity and passion behind it.

Your matter-of-fact approach to living.

Thank you, thank you for being such a good example.

Danielle said...

You quite possibly are the perfect man/father/grandfather/husband. Is that going a bit too far? :)

Happy Birthday, Dad. This is the best birthday EVER!!

Great post, Mom. I love seeing the pictures that you are able to come up with!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

HAPPY B-DAY PRES!!!

I love this post. You two are pretty FABOULOUS TOGETHER!!!

Love Ya!!!

Birgitta said...

Happy Birthday to the most wonderful father-in-law on the planet! I love you and I love that you love me! I hope you had a great day yesterday! The kids love you and send you birthday wishes too!

I love the post Kathy! The pics are awesome!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Daddy.. Love you so much!! This really is a great post, Mom. There are so many things I love about Dad, too, all of those things you said and more!

I see that I am very far behind on reading your blog! I'm sorry. I have been so lazy lately.

I'm glad you had a good birthday dad, and I'm SO excited to see you next week for Thanksgiving..

Unknown said...

Thanks for this awesome post. It is wonderful for me to learn more and more about your two awesome neighbors. I'm also graeful that President Perrins got the trophy wife. . . . .We all totally agree.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and his many amazing attributes. We're grateful this is your last week and that the surgery has been scheduled. Look at how far you have come. We're behind you all the way! Have a super day!