Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday, day two for Glenn's treatment

Glenn isn't doing as well today. He has what we would call and indescribable feeling in his stomach. It isn't nausea or diarrhea. I have encouraged him to keep up on his anti nausea pills, but it is hard for him to know exactly what to do. He has been resting for a while and is hoping to get feeling better so he can take me to visit someone or to go to Ikea. But I told him, I don't have to do anything. I just want him to feel good.



He is doing everything he can to follow instructions, ie eating often and staying hydrated. We had a good class with the dietitian today. He is willing to change what he needs too, although there is some ice cream in the freezer that he will have to finish up. We went to "Trader Joe's" and found some good stuff: Agave Nectar, Real Maple syrup, Humus, pesto....

It is 6:30 and he just came down and said that he feels better. Thank goodness. (He must have wanted to get our of going to Ikea!)

7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Bummers. Here's to him feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough couple of days! We hope it will get easier as time goes on. You are certainly in our prayers.

So excited for Kirk and Heather!! That is wonderful.

Love you all, Loye and Vaughn

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy and Glenn,

The office is just not the same without you Glenn. I have missed catching up on all pigskin results with you each week.

I pray that your treatment will go better with each passing day. Thanks for the updates.

Cary

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

Kim hates going to IKEA...now I live a mile from IKEA it isn't quite as exciting. I run over there look at a few things and then go home and measure and run back...wierd, huh? I hope tomorrow is better. Love ya both and will continue to send up prayers...may blessings pour down. Your updates mean alot...I am always anxious to hear how it is going.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date! It's so nice to know what is going on with both of you. I'm sorry that Glenn is feeling cruddy but so glad to know that it's because he's getting treated. Next time you go to Trader Joe's, get some sesame cashews---divine! And....CONGRATS to Heather and Kirk! What great news!

Love,
BRENDA

Kimberley said...

When I did chemo, although a much less intense program, my stomache felt like it was turning into a rock. I didn't really feel nauseous at first but it certainly was uncomfortable. I feel for him it is no fun. Good luck and we're keeping him in our prayers.

Tamara said...

We're grateful that President Perrins has the best nurse around! Please know that you continue to be in our prayers. That opposition is such a part of the plan. Guess we don't appreciate the truly good health until we've seen the opposite. We know things will get better.