Friday, October 23, 2009

T.G.I.F.

Glenn has been looking forward to Friday all week. His radiation treatment was at 10:00 this morning, we were out of there by 10:30 and home by 1:30!!!

The trip home was grueling for the driver (ME). It was a torrential down pour over the pass. I couldn't even see any one's tail lights! Glenn road shot gun and coached me out of town and over the pass, we stopped for a milkshake to see it would help settle his stomach and then napped the rest of the way home.

He is still tired and is still fighting nausea! Ice cream is soothing for him. He has one more dose of Chemo to take tonight and he DOESN'T want to take it. It' my job to encourage him... So I promised him a blizzard if he would take it. (I'm such a good nurse.) He has the blizzard, I gave it to him already, because I want to be done chasing around. Will he take his medicine?

It's good to be home; mail to read, phone calls to return, rock chips to fix, laundry to do, stuff to unpack, leaves to rake, etc.......

While we were gone, some gardening angels came and trimmed all my perennials and cleaned out my decorative containers. THANK YOU! Mother nature dropped leaves all over. I LOVE fall.

Wish Glenn a better day tomorrow!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

I am wishing you the best day ever, Dad!

Sorry about the not so hot day. Chase has to present a poster about him for next week. Along with the other info, he is supposed to say what three wishes he would like if he had three wishes. His first one is still that he wants Grandpa to feel better and have the cancer gone!

I really think we are getting our wish. Here's to a good day tomorrow!

Deanna/Mimi said...

Very scary driving in the hard rain, but again teamwork helped you back to your place of refuge and peace. Please tell Glenn he has my respect for the example of courage and faith that he is giving to all of us. Tomorrow always is a better day Glenn and Kathy...I promise you. Much love to both of you.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Yes, you are a very good nurse and I think ice cream solves a host of ills, too.

Week two down. Hooray.

Unknown said...

Ice cream is some of the best medicine. We are grateful you are home safe despite the rain and nausea challenges. Tomorrow will be a better day with BYU playing. You continue to be in our prayers!

SANDERSON / MCCONKIE FAMILY said...

The storm before the rainbow! Easy for me to say? I will pray for a good weekend and for PRES PERRIN to take his medicine! Luv Ya!

JoAn Forsyth said...

Rise and shout...the Cougars are out

Glad you are home to enjoy the game, now if we can just hold TCU!!!!

See you next week

Dave and JoAn

Lea Ann said...

I will do almost anything for ice cream especially now that pumpkin pie is in season and in ice cream. I am glad things are working but awful that Glenn is miserable. Good luck with the up and coming weeks. You are in our prayers.

Jeremy said...

I want you to be my nurse! Its been a long time, but I don't remember getting ice cream when I was sick.