When we left Dr Shankaran's office we thought that one person would be coordinating Glenn's much needed appointments. Not so. Four different people called to make 3 different appointments.
So why is life not as simple as they make it out to be? My favorite is that 3 people including the Dr. gave Glenn their card, saying, "here's my card, call if you have any questions". What they didn't say was "leave a message and I will get back to you, sometime."
I have to say that Dr. Shankaran did call with an update on the planned treatment and for that I am grateful.
So we are off to Seattle, and hopefully Glenn will start treatments on Monday the 5th. It has been a long journey to get to these foothills. We know that the mountain we have to climb will be much tougher than this.
Clark has wanted to come with us, so we are taking him. I hope he brings a good book, he will need it! We have one appointment on Wednesday, one on Thursday and one on Friday. So much for the best laid plans! Lest I sound like I am whining I must say that we are thankful to be having these appointments and for the hope of starting soon.
Meatball minestrone soup in the crockpot
7 months ago
13 comments:
Gulp. I am anxious for him to able to get started as well...but nervous about him getting started. I guess this means too much that we have to admit that he has cancer! We are earnestly, earnestly praying for Dad and Grandpa!
Kathy, I had no idea. Our prayers are with you and Pres. Perrins.
I have been keeping up with your progress and have wanted to leave a "note" many times but without words to say. you'll be so glad you are keeping a log of this trial and can laugh about it later, goodness knows you guys have kept your humor in the midst of it all. you are such great examples to me. nothing but good thoughts and many prayers!
I appreciate the updates....I'm overwhelmed by your journey, I'm strengthened by your attitude. I need your cell number....mine is 771-0797. We will continue to keep the prayers coming...
I agree with Danielle. It is so hard to watch the two of you go through this trial. Faith, Prayer and lots of hope from our family to yours. Kim's wife had stomach cancer but it was not anything like Glens. I always run by what you write with him. With his medical degree and life experience, he says you have very good reason to be optomistic. Rain today....but the SUN will shine!!! Love Ya Tons...Sharon
Much love and prayers coming to you both today. Please always know that Clark can hang with us anytime. We have cute girls to distract him!
Glenn, When we talked about me taking over the bus tickets I had something a bit more gradual in mind!
Seriously, I am glad you caught the cancer early and will make it through. We will be thinking about you and praying for you.
Glenn and Kathy, We were so shocked at the news we didn't know what to think, but weeks later we want to say we know the Lord loves us and wants us to learn from our experiences.
We are praying for you to recieve all the help the Lord will give.
We very much appreciate you making this blog available so we can watch and pray without getting in the way.
Love, the Michies
In the beginning it is terribly confusing but as you proceed, you will go step, by step, by step and you will be finished. We plan to walk beside you all the way..
Love you,
JoAn and Dave
Well, I just have to say that I am in tears as I am reading these comments. Mom and Dad, you are sooo unbelivably blessed to have so many people who love you and can be called your friends. I know you have added this to your ever growing list of miracles and tender mercies the Lord has blessed you two with since September 8th!
You're both in our prayers. If anyone can beat this...Glenn can. He's a fighter!!!
So good to be able to know the progress of things. Your faith makes us stronger. We love you and pray for you. Loye & Vaughn
Hi Glenn and Kathy,
You are still in our prayers. Not a noon hour comes and goes that we don't miss our main committee man! Thank you so much for the blog, he helps us all to be able to keep in touch and know what to pray for =)
Debbie @ Granco
Post a Comment